Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reiggin

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2003
Concord, NC
All this does for me is long for a larger iPad that can accommodate a full size 88 key grand piano keyboard. Come on, Ives... make it happen.

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
There is a native YouTube app. If you ever really used YouTube, you'd know about it because they kinda shout it at you when you visit YouTube.com on an iOS device.

Apple even gave it some special privileges, to my surprise, allowing it to take over the position of the YouTube player. That is, if you view a YouTube video in Safari, it takes you to the app to watch it.

Someone doesn't have iOS 6 ;)

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
Then why advertise? If someone knows what an iPad is, I'm pretty sure that someone is familiar with apps. And apps means a lot of things. Including digital piano.

That means that this video is targeted to people who doesn't know what an iPad is. And with the video, I'd think that it's a digital piano.

Good work advertising, Apple. Instead of showing the key features of the iPad, making it look like a digital piano is more important. The digital piano isn't even a built in app.

Advertising is done in campaigns, not individual ads. Besides, most people in western countries between 5 and 90 likely know what an iPad is.

You ever seen a droid commercial? They show the device blasting wholes through walls.

Last edited:

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
If I was someone who didn't know what an iPad does, this video makes me think that the iPad is a $329 digital piano.

Maybe you don't understand. The iMini is a recreational tablet - and Apple is showing that you can have fun with it.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
Purely musically spoken this ad is a bit of a fraud, because somewhere midway the ad (when the fingers are no longer visible) you suddenly hear extra piano notes (chords) that never could have been played by the two fingers.

The ad clearly shows additional fingers on each hand...

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
All this does for me is long for a larger iPad that can accommodate a full size 88 key grand piano keyboard. Come on, Ives... make it happen.

That'd be iPhone 88, not an iPad. :D

Maybe you don't understand. The iMini is a recreational tablet - and Apple is showing that you can have fun with it.

What's an iMini? As if we haven't had enough with "iTouch"...

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
The commercial is cute especially the end where the last piano note is played and the word "MINI" comes on.

Haters gonna hate but seriously how can you rag on a commercial that has heart and soul playing.

The song alone is enough to put most people in a good mood. Much better than the hipster
Marketing that is being done for nexus 10.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
Hey, there's been worse.*COUGH* *COUGH* Samsung

The samsung ads were hilarious. Now if you are a person who camps out for a phone i can see why you would be offended

Really ? You know anyone who bumped there S3 to share anything after the first week? It is only slightly better than the bump app that has been on the iPhone for 4 years. No one used that more than a week after downloading it either.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
The samsung ads were HILARIOUS. Did nothing to talk about the actual S3... but they were hilarious.

This iPad Mini ad is just genius, and in a way, beautiful. One of the best ads in years

Last edited:

Namjins

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
USA
Then show more apps! Of course the keyboard application will stay the same for even a smaller screen, how can you redesign it?

Then that leads me to a confusion where I have no idea if the iPad mini does exactly the same thing as the large iPad.

If they showed more apps, I'll be more certain that it does exactly the same thing.

I think you may have dived in too deep.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
FAKE!!!!!

Twds the end you hear full stepped notes on top of what they are fingering then triads on the iPad 4th gen

Where is the disclaimer it took several iPads to play this?!?!

NC12309

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
So Apple makes a commercial of some one playing piano on 2 ipads and it's the best ad ever?

SB27

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
The samsung ads were HILARIOUS. Did nothing to talk about the actual S3... but they were hilarious.

This is just genius, and in a way, beautiful. One of the best ads in years

As a former Ad/Marketing guy, I had to weigh in since you brought up the SIII ads. The Samsung ads are funny, but have a fatal flaw. They highlight how "in demand" their competitors product(s) are. There are better ways to differentiate than showing people lining up with fervor to buy a rival product.

Epic fail in terms of Advertising 101.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
As a former Ad/Marketing guy, I had to weigh in since you brought up the SIII ads. The Samsung ads are funny, but have a fatal flaw. They highlight how "in demand" their competitors product(s) are. There are better ways to differentiate than showing people lining up with fervor to buy a rival product.

Epic fail in terms of Advertising 101.
Oh I know, they're a complete failure for their intended purpose. Would never buy an S3. They just made me giggle... "The headphone jack, is going to be on the bottom.... BOOM" hahahaha.

I edited my OP to clear any confusion, the Galaxy ads were not beautiful, the Mini ad is :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.