Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Minor scuff right out of the box. I think the diamond cutting is bull and they should stop doing it
People are quick to dismiss the flaking on that bezel, but it does seem to be a long term issue if you have it because that is a starting point for more chipping.

My iPhone 5 is perfect but my iPad Mini had a tiny chip out of the box too. Im not going to bother returning it or anything because I can barely see it but I do feel it when using the Mini. And that does concern me because a friend of mine started with a tiny chip that he only saw with a magnifying glass, but a month later its a lot bigger and he describes it as a sharp edge when he uses the phone. I dont think its a big deal but I am curious how much of the chipping will increase over a 2yr period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Hi everyone today I just went back to apple store to return the scuff one and I am the first one in line very lucky. I exchange witht the same model and it is flawless and perfect . Very happy

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I stopped by a local Best Buy and they had a slate demo. It was chipped all around the bezel where the metal was exposed underneath, it looked pretty bad. I'm sure if it were kept in a case it would fair better but just confirming the scuffgate.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
anyone that still has a black anodized iPod mini from way back will find that over time the edges will be scratched off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.