Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Went to an apple store yesterday to swap out an iPhone and I tried out the iPad mini. Looks great but wasn't as wow as I heard it could be. I think it's a great device for a first timer or a student but for me ill stick to my full size ipad.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Went to an apple store yesterday to swap out an iPhone and I tried out the iPad mini. Looks great but wasn't as wow as I heard it could be. I think it's a great device for a first timer or a student but for me ill stick to my full size ipad.

Eh I was unimpressed at first but after using it a few hours I love it. It's a great size and weight, so much more convenient than full sized iPad for me. Yes it's overpriced for the specs (outdated internals, screen) but I couldn't go back to a big iPad. It was just unwieldy for me in comparison.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

That is why it is nice to have choices. Use what works best for you.

yliu

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
It's a decent device. One good thing is that it small enough to hold with one hand while still having a reasonably large screen.

Although I think if they would include a retina display and a better A5X or A6 it would be a more attractive option against the Nexus 7.

Apple wants to compete in the lower priced market, then come up with something that has a good value. If they want to be in the 'premium' market than make something truly cutting edge.

The iPad mini is in between therefore it's not a very competitive product.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I will have to spend more time with mine because at the moment I am torn. A tablet is all about the screen, so if the display sucks well a lot of the experience will suffer. I love the form factor of the mini, even though I also don't think the full sized iPad is THAT big or heavy. But seeing as how I mostly use a tablet to read text on the screen, losing retina really is annoying. You can clearly see pixelated text on the mini. I may just end up returning it and getting the 4.

joelk2

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010

if its not worth it to you then dont buy it. no one is telling you to buy it.

i dont even know why im posting in this thread but it just seems like people are posting threads about anything these days.

to the people who think the screen is crap, either take it back or sell it on. why come on here and say how crap it is.

i know people are entitled to their own opinions but maybe the ipad mini should have its own section and then 2 sub categories "Like your ipad mini" "Don't like your ipad mini"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.