Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
Hi! This is another of those threads where people ask which colour they should choose so don't complain.

I have a black iPhone 4 right now and I'm able to upgrade to the iPhone 5 in december (Yey). I really don't know which colour I want because both of them are deliciously good. The white one is beautiful, looks happy and goes great with every colour. The black one is handsome but looks so dark, cold and little bit boring but so handsome (Like getting a dementor's kiss), it does not go well with all colours but I like it really much. I actually like them both really much but I don't know which one to buy.. I already have a black iPhone and going to white would probably feel more like a upgrade.

It sounds like I'm more for white then black but yeah, opinions will be great! :) I'd like to hear the good and bad things. :L

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
The more reading you'll do, the more you'll like the white. The more movies you'll watch, the more you'll like the black.

However, either choice can be corrected with a few cents' worth of the right color of electrical tape. ;)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Get whatever you like most and put a case on if you want to change the color.

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
The more reading you'll do, the more you'll like the white. The more movies you'll watch, the more you'll like the black.

However, either choice can be corrected with a few cents' worth of the right color of electrical tape. ;)

I have a white iPad so that helps really much. :) Love the white because pretty much every website I go to has light colours and goes well with the white. My iPad becomes black in the dark when I watch movies so that's not a problem either.

----------

Black if you're HETERO.

White if you're METRO.

Hah, are you kidding me? Seriously?! You can choose white if you're hetero or black if that's what you prefer. You can choose pink/green/yellow/blue. You my friend are stupid.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
I have a white iPad so that helps really much. :) Love the white because pretty much every website I go to has light colours and goes well with the white. My iPad becomes black in the dark when I watch movies so that's not a problem either.

----------

Hah, are you kidding me? Seriously?! You can choose white if you're hetero or black if that's what you prefer. You can choose pink/green/yellow/blue. You my friend are stupid.

Did you not ask for opinions good and bad?

Cebuano1976

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
Verrado, Buckeye, Arizona

You, my friend are stupid. You obviously asked for opinions, not facts. If my opinion doesn't match with yours, WTH cares? But you don't know the difference. Maybe SIRI can help. Oh wait, you don't have it yet.

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
You, my friend are stupid. You obviously asked for opinions, not facts. If my opinion doesn't match with yours, WTH cares? But you don't know the difference. Maybe SIRI can help. Oh wait, you don't have it yet.

I asked for opinions that can help me but yours was just stupid. I actually have Siri on my iPad. ;)

Edit: Though you choosed black and that helped me.

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
I had the black one and when I saw the white one I sold my black one and bought a white one. The reason I didn't exchange is because apple doesn't allow exchanges just for a different color. So if I were you I would get the white one looks nice and stands out more

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
I had the black one and when I saw the white one I sold my black one and bought a white one. The reason I didn't exchange is because apple doesn't allow exchanges just for a different color. So if I were you I would get the white one looks nice and stands out more

That's why I'm more over white right now. It stands out more and looks happy while the black is so.. black.

Tree2u

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
I actually have both, black for personal and white for work. I personally like the black more than the white. My iPad 2 and 4s were both white, I bought a iPad 4 black yesterday to match my iPhone 5 (Black)..... There's something about the black I like more, can't explain it!!

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I got the black because I think the slate looks cool. Also another bonus is at the right angle, when its off it looks like the entire front is the screen because the screen blends with the borders.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I have the white and I like it better than the black. The black is like... all black and it's really just boring. The white iPhone screams "look at me hehehe"

ctc799

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
USA
While they both look stunning in person, I went with the black. The slate aluminum and the black make for an awesome looking device. The white looks more vibrant and shiny, but I didn't think it could match the cohesive look on the black.

It's to each his own though. :D

ThinIce

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2010
I have both and like the black one the best. The white is pretty to look at but the black is much better to watch.

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 29, 2012
Seems like a lot of you like the black one but my mind is still going for white.. I really have to try them out in store!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.