Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
I thought that it was good until I saw the terribly incorrect font they used for iMac at the end.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 6, 2003
NY
I thought that it was good until I saw the terribly incorrect font they used for iMac at the end.

If your criticism is that it's too tick, take a look at the real apple ad. The Myriad thickness is very, very close to that.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
No Touch

Schiller didn't say anything about an iMac Touch at the announcement. Is this a joke or what? And, why would Apple be promoting a device that is at least six to eight weeks away?

Aug 26, 2008
What's "funny" is that this is possible on Windows 8 right now. Wouldn't be too shocked to see it really soon either.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
I just saw this and am sitting at my iMac. It would be very difficult to play it with it sitting vertical on my desk and it would be hard to see if it were lying flat. I'll keep my iMac and my M-Audio keyboard, thank you!

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
Very easy to make probably, but yet just so awesome.

In reality a touch screen on a large screen is not very productive, however.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
surprisingly, windows 8 is amazing on a 27", i never thought it would be until i actually tried it in the store

Win 8 will have polarizing opinions. People will love it or hate it.

What I was referring to specifically was a computer design that makes you choose whether the screen is far enough away to see it comfortably or close enough to reach it to use touch controls (whether you find the idea of elevating your arms during your computer usage comfortable or not).

Touch screens have their uses. A large-format screen intended to be viewed for extended periods while seated is not one of them.

(Sent from my iPad.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.