Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
I almost feel bad, because I have only used my ipad 3 for Netflix while I browsed on the mini :D. The size is just so damn convenient and I can type fast as hell in portrait mode. I love my mini.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
The mini is an excitIng device used it for last day, but I finding the small fonts not as easy to read as the full size, it was a pleasure to fire up the retina again.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I'm using the Mini more (obviously because its brand new) but I'll probably end up selling my iPad 3.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Not using my iPad 3 at all. Trying to sell it for a decent price (thanks apple!).

Other than the yellow corner pissing me off, I don't want to keep noticing the difference between my minis display and the iPad 3's retina. It really is a non-issue unless comparing them side by side.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
I almost feel bad, because I have only used my ipad 3 for Netflix while I browsed on the mini :D. The size is just so damn convenient and I can type fast as hell in portrait mode. I love my mini.

I gave my iPad 2 to my daughter, so none...

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
My mini is on charge, has done 20% in 30 mins on the 10w charger from my ipad 3.

I am using my ipad 3 to type this and dam it feels heavy!

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
I haven't used mine much, but that's because this device is new. I'll see how things are in a week or so. It's still a bit odd since its a smaller device. The screen doesn't help either when you visit sites like this.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I am already back on the iPad 3 as I did not like the mini. Can't wait till my 4 LTE arrives in three weeks.

Last edited:

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I am already back on the iPad 3 as I did not like the mini. Can't wait till my 4 LTE arrives in three weeks.

Can you say why you didn't like the iPad mini? I've got a 4 LTE on order but I'm going back to the Apple Store to check out the mini again.

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
My Mini has gotten more attention. Still loving the iPad 4 though. The two, as a pair, compliment each other.

AlanKA

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
If the mini were retina, I probably hardly every use my 3 again. But it's nice to get that retina refresher after a while, especially web pages. But I will say that I can't imagine playing games on the 3 again since the Mini is such an absolutely perfect size for it.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
No, I sold it :eek:
For me, one iPad (and one iPhone, and one one iMac and one iPod) was enough. ;)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
How so? To me, that seems like saying that an 11" MacBook Air compliments a 13" MacBook Air.

I can't wrap my head around the reason that any one person would want or need to use two iPads.

Agreed. If I use my iPad while in bed surfing...I would use the mini the same

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
How so? To me, that seems like saying that an 11" MacBook Air compliments a 13" MacBook Air.

I can't wrap my head around the reason that any one person would want or need to use two iPads.

Two different form factors = two different ways to use. You're going to find different uses for a 1/2lb tablet and a 1.5lb tablet.

Full sized iPad gets the heavy duty apps and games, while the mini gets the lightweight stuff and works as my streaming/mobile device.

It's also why I went with 64GB on the full size, and a 16GB on the Mini.

Comparing them to two different sized notebooks isn't really fair - the usage on both is the same for the notebooks, while the usage on the two iPads is greatly different.

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
Yup since getting the mini, I appreciate the retina screen even more now! I forgot they used to make LCD screens so bad! Don't think I'll keep the mini.

iPad 3/4 = quality
iPad mini = kwality

Farplaner

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
The mini is an excitIng device used it for last day, but I finding the small fonts not as easy to read as the full size, it was a pleasure to fire up the retina again.

I had a habit of holding the iPad in portrait mode when surfing the web. But because of the small fonts I found myself holding the iPad in landscape to make the fonts larger.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Too soon to ask this I think. I've only spent about 4 hours on mine so far. I'm loving it and will likely sell my ipad 3 in a few weeks if all continues to go well with the mini.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Agreed. If I use my iPad while in bed surfing...I would use the mini the same

That's my thinking. I use my iPad to read, surf, and light Netflix and light productivity. I can't imagine using an iPad mini differently.

Two different form factors = two different ways to use. You're going to find different uses for a 1/2lb tablet and a 1.5lb tablet.

Full sized iPad gets the heavy duty apps and games, while the mini gets the lightweight stuff and works as my streaming/mobile device.

It's also why I went with 64GB on the full size, and a 16GB on the Mini.

Comparing them to two different sized notebooks isn't really fair - the usage on both is the same for the notebooks, while the usage on the two iPads is greatly different.

I've spent some time with a mini. To me, the usage is the same as an iPad. So the comparison with notebooks seems apt. But I appreciate your response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.