Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Maybe someone could post a web page to autoinstall that? Sounds cool.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Thanks. This work. The mini looks so much better with a larger font. You can also try Perfect Browser or iCab. You can change the default font size, which makes browsing so much better.

Quantus

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
Yea but Perfect Browser (Atomic browser does this also) doesn't sync bookmarks with iCloud thus mitigating the benefit of the ecosystem.

Atomic doesn't do this. The person you quoted was talking about a default font size. Atomic only saves your settings for individual sites.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
FYI: Mercury Browser saves it for you and it's free. The interface is nice. It is my default browser from now on.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
FYI: Mercury Browser saves it for you and it's free. The interface is nice. It is my default browser from now on.

Thanks for the tip. I'm really liking Mercury Browser...the Adblock is another nice feature.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Thanks. iCloud really pays off here also. Bookmark syncing is a Godsend (along with all the rest)

(Can you believe the speed at which this stuff advances? Blink and your a relic.)

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Thanks for the tip. I changed the big font size to +4 instead of +2.

Which part of the script do I alter to increase the plus font size? I haven't a clue about such things and my guesses haven't worked.

Edit: forget it, I figured it out. Great tip this!

Last edited:

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Used this for couple of weeks now, it's proved essential and I have a PLUS bookmarklet either end of the bookmarks bar.

Switching to another browser is not an option for me, too used to iCloud syncing between iPhone/iPad/iPad Mini/mba. Besides, whenever I've used other browsers I've always got irritated by not being allowed to set it to default.

Ideally, Safari should allow a font size increase, but that'd be an admission from Apple that small fonts look like gash on the mini. Not going to happen methinks, bah. I can actually read small text fine, gawd bless my excellent vision, I just don't like the pixelization, which is lessened at bigger sizes. Roll on the retina mini :) (although I still love my current mini, thankyouverymuch).

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Well it works for the most part but things start running together on some web pages.

For example, I have m.yahoo.com bookmarked. In the middle it shows the weather for your city, the Dow figure currently, and then a basketball score. Hit the + and things start running into each other.

No matter which browser I use and increase font size, same thing happens on other web pages as well.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I find that happens more on mobile websites though, not so much on desktop sites. It's not ideal, but it'll do me until the retina mini.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I find that happens more on mobile websites though, not so much on desktop sites. It's not ideal, but it'll do me until the retina mini.

I used the mobile spot because I found it a lot better with the Mini for text. Now that I have this feature on Safari, I will try desktop sites. Thanks for pointing that out.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
How much do you reckon one touch of '+' on the bookmarks bar increases the font size percent?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.