Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JS3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Soooo.

I am thinking if I should ditch my macbook pro. I have a Macbook pro, Mac mini, ipad, and iphone. I was thinking about buying a ipad mini then ditching the macbook pro and my ipad taking its place. Sooo confused. I have my mac mini hooked to a 27" monitor which is my main business computer. Most time I go away I grab the ipad, but thinking with mini I would grab that.

Redsew

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
If you are going to ditch your MacBook Pro, you should mail it to me and I will take good care of it :)
I'm in need of a good laptop for school work.

iLukeJoseph

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
The iPad (any of them) cannot "replace" a MBP. BUT if your main computer is your Mac mini, and you don't find yourself actually needing a laptop. Then heck yes.

I would do it, but my rMBP is my only computer. So there is no way a iPad can replace it.

Candykwan

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Sounds good. I'm not gonna be buying another MacBook once my current one dies...since I have an iMac as well...my ipad pretty much does everything else anyways

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
To think an iPad can replace a MBP is funny.... very very funny.

Depends who for, though.

I know more and more people who use their iPads 90% of the time now - their laptops have become rarely used desktops.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I've had 2 people offer to trade their MBP's for my 3rd Gen. iPad, so obviously people are doing it. Unfortunately, I have no use for a laptop, having an iMac and iPad already.

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2012
I use my MacBook Pro for creating workshops and files for work, my ipad 3 is what I use to present them. They work well together but I couldn't use my ipad as my only work machine. If you can kudos to you!

Izzybeff

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
My perfect lineup is going to be a MacBook pro, iPad mini with cellular service and a plain Jane cell phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.