Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoodie*

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Please someone give me some advice. I've read around but I haven't found any good opinions from users who jailbreak, just websites like CNET and such. What's the pros and cons?

Hoodie*

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
I guess I'll just upgrade and test it out. Is it possible to downgrade back to 5.1.1? I'm guessing there's no jail take yet?

Hoodie*

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
If you're on a 4S there's no way to go back.
If you're on an i4 then with shsh blobs for 5.1.1 you can go back.
Also they said if you want to stay JB dont update to 6.0.1

Sounds good lol. Would you happen to have a link on a good tutorial for getting my shsh blobs? I've learned really quickly that there are 500 million people who make tutorials for the iPhone and it can get somewhat confusing at times.

blaake

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2012
Florida
Sounds good lol. Would you happen to have a link on a good tutorial for getting my shsh blobs? I've learned really quickly that there are 500 million people who make tutorials for the iPhone and it can get somewhat confusing at times.

There are some pretty noticeable changes. The only one that concerned me is the Maps app. The lack of Google being the base of the app, Tom Tom is now the base. They basically had to restart the Maps app from day 1. It has a very hard time finding places. But the turn by turn navigation is pretty awesome. You can still view it in live time from the lock screen. Does drain some battery though. You might also like the panoramic option.

Like previously stated, you can only downgrade on the iPhone 4.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Use Tinyumbrella to request your blobs from cydias server.
Assuming you have some saved there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.