Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
I owned a iPad 3 since launch day,and every gen going back, I now have the mini and sold my iPad 3 with out regrets.

The iPad mini is an amazing light and then iPad.
The screen is fine people are making too much drama over the screen.
I am truly happy I sold my iPad 3 and moved to the I think it's a much better choice for me as it's lighter and easier to store and travel with.

ZivaD

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
After the mini the full sized MAXiPad is like holding a PC monitor and so much heavier, feels terrible!

cperry2

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
After the mini the full sized MAXiPad is like holding a PC monitor and so much heavier, feels terrible!

After the retina display, the mini is like staring into a peephole from the pixelated past - much fuzzier, looks terrible! ;)

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
You made the wrong choice. Retina trumps all.

Can we make a sticky "justify your purchase here" thread? Please?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
No regrets here either. I can do everything on my mini that I did on my iPad 3. All the same games and apps work just as well. Only thing missing is retina. Oh well.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
I owned a iPad 3 since launch day,and every gen going back, I now have the mini and sold my iPad 3 with out regrets.

I am truly happy I sold my iPad 3 and moved to the I think it's a much better choice for me as it's lighter and easier to store and travel with.

How much did you get for your 3?

sers

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
The mini is a great device, no doubt, but the larger ipad still has its place. When working on documents, spreadsheets or editing photos and videos, the larger iPad's screen is much easier on the eyes than the mini. I see the larger ipad eventually replacing laptops and the mini being the ultimate consumption device.

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
The mini is a great device, no doubt, but the larger ipad still has its place. When working on documents, spreadsheets or editing photos and videos, the larger iPad's screen is much easier on the eyes than the mini. I see the larger ipad eventually replacing laptops and the mini being the ultimate consumption device.

I can totally see the mini becoming the main iPad while the 9.7" model becomes more of a Mac. Basically take the keyboard off of a MacBook Air and move the screen down where the keyboard used to be.

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012

Yes, it's called the Microsoft surface, but in a few years, apple will invent that

mkruck

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Tablets are supposed to be portable. Carrying a iPad retina is like carrying an iMac.

We have our "Let's see just how far we can take hyperbole" award winner for 2012. Well done.

The readership of MR has lost it's collective mind with the launch of the Mini and The New New New iPad.

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006

Yeah and after handling the iPhone 5, the iPad mini feels like an in car entertainment monitor, everything is relative.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
You made the wrong choice. Retina trumps all.

Can we make a sticky "justify your purchase here" thread? Please?

That's funny. And so true. People feel much better about their decisions if other people make the same ones.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
The best thing about the mini(when it gets retina) is I can use my ipad as my "desktop" and the mini as my "laptop"

Royalcards

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
the ipad mini design makes the bigger ipad look like a bulky antique to me :D

----------

i also notice its easier to type in the ipad mini whether it's in portrait or lanscape mode. it really is the right size for a tablet.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA

Excellent post. Thank You.

Your post _proves_ it's possible to write an intelligent statement without bashing Android or complaining about Apple.

But instead, telling us what _you_ prefer and doing it nicely.

It's all about discussing what we as individuals enjoy without resorting to the frequent juvenile rants, outbursts, or badmouthing that many insecure iDevice users must do to pump up their fragile egos.

My Compliments!

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
Excellent post. Thank You.

It's all about discussing what we as individuals enjoy without resorting to the frequent juvenile rants, outbursts, or badmouthing that many people must do to pump up their fragile egos.

My Compliments!

Fixed to keep in context with the rest of your post.

Lubo

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
My 3rd gen screen is more than fine, it's outstanding and it's not heavy at all.

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
I can totally see the mini becoming the main iPad while the 9.7" model becomes more of a Mac. Basically take the keyboard off of a MacBook Air and move the screen down where the keyboard used to be.

If apple put Mac OS on the iPad I'd be first to buy it. I don't mind iOS but for a tablet I would like OSX

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.