Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
How did you change it to next day shipping? Don't see an option like that on my order.

I think he said in another thread that he spoke with a sympathetic agent and told them he was going to be out of town on the 23rd, so was there any way he could switch to faster shipping. I'm curious whether his date remained the same even after they switched everyone else's to just say "Mid November."

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I think he said in another thread that he spoke with a sympathetic agent and told them he was going to be out of town on the 23rd, so was there any way he could switch to faster shipping. I'm curious whether his date remained the same even after they switched everyone else's to just say "Mid November."

Another poster stated that even after the change their date still says mid November.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Was trying to find this thread with my fellow cellular peeps and it had fallen way back in the pages. It's Mini launch day for Wi-Fi only, we gotta stay strong! ;) Who else has (however briefly) reconsidered their cellular decision today?

I'm half-joking, I think I possess the willpower and patience to wait the 2-3 weeks. I think I do... First-world problems indeed!

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Was trying to find this thread with my fellow cellular peeps and it had fallen way back in the pages. It's Mini launch day for Wi-Fi only, we gotta stay strong! ;) Who else has (however briefly) reconsidered their cellular decision today?

I'm half-joking, I think I possess the willpower and patience to wait the 2-3 weeks. I think I do... First-world problems indeed!

I'll admit, after reading all the mini at Target, mini at BB, I briefly considered running over to Target and getting a WiFi only to hold me over until the LTE arrives. Decided in the end better to stay strong. A down side of giving in is that my LTE wouldn't seem new when it shows up in a couple of weeks.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I'm still somewhat on the fence over LTE/WiFi, though I think I'll want the LTE. So, yeah, kinda hard to stay away from the local BB.

Also, it would be nice to have for our Thanksgiving trip, but that trip is why I couldn't pre-order the LTE; don't want it sitting on the doorstep if it doesn't arrive until we're out of town.

Regards,
Tom

Izzybeff

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
It's killing me i'll be the first to admit it! Even more so because my cover came today. So i'm sitting and staring at my cover while everyone else looks at their mini's! Grr...

Just wish Apple would give us a date for delivery, ya know. At least have something to look forward to.

jm5309

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
I haven't anticipated an iPad release like this since the first one. I'm so excited to get it, and having to wait another three weeks for LTE just sucks! I have definitely considered going WiFi only so I could join in the launch day excitement, but I figure I'd regret it eventually. I do think I'll go to Best Buy today and at least look at the display if they have one...

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
When waiting in line this morning to get my wife's wifi mini the apple store guy told me LTE iPad minis will ship the 16th.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
When waiting in line this morning to get my wife's wifi mini the apple store guy told me LTE iPad minis will ship the 16th.

Hopefully this is true.

----------

It's killing me i'll be the first to admit it! Even more so because my cover came today. So i'm sitting and staring at my cover while everyone else looks at their mini's! Grr...

Just wish Apple would give us a date for delivery, ya know. At least have something to look forward to.

That's all I want.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
My order had said delivery by 11/23 every since I placed the order (I ordered 3AM on the opening Friday). Now it says "Available to ship" mid-november. Odd....wonder if something it up.

----------

The better question to ask, "when will they be available in the store".

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2003
Copenhagen
My order had said delivery by 11/23 every since I placed the order (I ordered 3AM on the opening Friday). Now it says "Available to ship" mid-november. Odd....wonder if something it up.

----------

The better question to ask, "when will they be available in the store".

I asked some apple guy today in the store, and he said mid November. He couldn't get any closer than that. I just hope that they won't end up being sold out for weeks...

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
I'm breaking the lines and going to buy a wifi version tomorrow.

I played with it today and I can't imagine ever wanting a larger iPad again (unless it gets significantly lighter) I can happily live with the lower resolution which looked fine to me.

The size and weight got me. It was amazing.

So I'll buy a wifi until my cellular comes and then either sell the wifi or exchange it if Apple will let me and it isn't really the end of November!

My iPad 3 is already on eBay.

Izzybeff

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2010
<grumble grumble> (kicks old iPad)

I want my mini!! Either that or I need to stop reading all the posts about them. Can't wait to get it.

vince.

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2011
I pre-ordered a 16GB LTE mini 3 minutes after pre-orders opened.

However, after going in to the Apple Store yesterday morning around 8:30am local time to see one in person, I walked out with a 16GB black mini. I guess I wanted to see how much I would really need the LTE.

Turns out in a day and half, there have been a handful of times I wish I had the LTE version, so this one's going back!

As for the Apple Store rep who said they ship 11/16 (according to a previous post), he/she was probably going by Phil Schiller saying the Cellular versions ship 2 weeks later. So, said rep is probably assuming 2 weeks to the day from the wi-fi launch date.

If my LTE gets here 11/16, I'd be more than pleased! :)

eric18

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Just talked to a CSR, who confirmed that stores will have the LTE iPad Minis on 11/16, and that they will ship out around that time, which is why some orders have a later quoted delivery date.

iSingandiDance

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
If it's the 16th, that means they will start charging around the 12th.

It would be foolish to test drive a wifi if these projections are true.

Casey3557

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
SE Pennsylvania
I really wanted to try an LTE unit this time, but I also wanted the Mini to arrive before our upcoming trip. We might still pick one up or order after we get back. My New Mini has become quite popular in my household; I think we're going to need more than one! ;)

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
This is the first time I've preordered a product that didn't ship at launch so I'm curious if historically Apple has shipped the delayed product to the store and preorders at the same time. I'm just worried LTE iPad Minis will pop up at the Apple store before my preorder ships...

alzapa

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
Take a look at this. Was doing my daily routine of searching Google for "iPad Mini LTE delivery" for "Past 24 Hours" and saw this post where someone claims their delivery date changed today (11/3) from Mid November to November 17... Anyone else see a change today?

http://kingsmenmedia.com/2012/11/nov-17th-delivery-date-for-ipad-mini-lte/

Man I got excited for a second, ha. But nope mine still says mid-november. I just want a date soon so I know if I should cancel or not. I am going on vacation the 20th.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Take a look at this. Was doing my daily routine of searching Google for "iPad Mini LTE delivery" for "Past 24 Hours" and saw this post where someone claims their delivery date changed today (11/3) from Mid November to November 17... Anyone else see a change today?

http://kingsmenmedia.com/2012/11/nov-17th-delivery-date-for-ipad-mini-lte/

That's a Saturday date and I doubt it will be delivered. At least they have a date which is better than most of us.

----------

If it's the 16th, that means they will start charging around the 12th.

It would be foolish to test drive a wifi if these projections are true.

I hope that this is truly the case. I won't be in time for the holiday and it would be nice to take this device with me on our family trip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.