Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

highlanderfil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
I accidentally deleted a number of photos on my iPhone before doing a backup, so iTunes wouldn't have them. Having had that happen to my laptop and camera before, I remembered there was software that would allow me to recover the deleted files, but the problem is, this only works if the iPhone is recognized as a letter drive by my computer, which it isn't. Is there any way to make that happen or am I pretty much hopeless?

nlevesque

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2010
Me too

I did the same thing and have the exact same problem with the software. Did you ever figure out how to recover the pictures you lost????

mowly

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2010
me tooo

i have the same problem!!!! I have tried with many software recovery but is impossible to recover the photos!!!
any idea?
thanks

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Unless you have them backed up, there doesn't seem to be. I went through all the options a few months ag with my husband's phone. Nothing worked.

Hmconnor

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
I actually called Verizon within seconds of accidentally deleting a photo on my husband's iPhone. They said there is absolutely no way of getting it back unless it was backed up.
It was evidence in a case I was presenting, so complete devastation.

Sad day for us all. Sorry everyone.

PM-Performance

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2012
I could swear I found a software to browse the file system to do this. If been awhile since i tried though.
You can restore deleted items with normal flash media with file recovery tools. Not sure if Apple locked that down though like everything else.

bloutrein

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Durban
If you didn't have iCloud Photo Stream enabled, you do not necessarily need to dig in your iTunes iOS backup files with third-party software.

Just let iTunes restore your iPhone photos back to your iPhone. iTunes automatically backs up your Camera Roll photos each time you sync. As a result, no need to have created an iTunes backup on purpose. Restoring your iPhone with iTunes, however will delete all your current iPhone data and restore your iphone Camera Roll photos, iphone contacts, and settings at the time of the last sync/backup.

As a result, always good to backup before restoring. First, backup your iPhone (right click on your iPhone under devices and click Back Up). To restore from a backup, right click on your iPhone under Devices in iTunes and click Restore from Backup. You can then choose which iPhone backup you want to restore from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.