Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Called local BestBuy, none in stock nor any other surrounding stores. My pre-ordered case has been pushed back to 1-2 weeks like everyone else. I'm losing faith in Lifeproof.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
You know that Lifeproof sent it's biggest customer (Best Buy) a majority of it's first produced cases. ;)

What did Best Buy do with them?

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
Checked RadioShack and they had 4 series but no 5. BB opens in 45 minutes but I'm sure they will not have them.

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
Nothing. There is a spot for them on the shelves with a yellow sign saying sorry they don't have them yet.

Miao Ying

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2010
Was eager to pick up one at Best Buy here in North Florida, every location indicates none are in stock or in transit based on the SKU # they have in their system. :(

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
This just plain SUCKS :confused:

6 Months from now they will be like the Lifeproof 4/4S cases, sitting on the shelves in every color with no buyers. :D

i3igsmooth5769

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Called bestbuy in Pasadena,ca and they didn't have any, but the very helpful girl there said West Covina has 5 in stock and she even transferred me to their store number. The employee there went to check if they had them in stock and after 10 minutes on hold, she informed me they didn't have any. I almost gave up after that but decided to try their website about an hour later and it showed they had them available at West Covina and Fullerton. I quickly submitted the online purchase and headed over after receiving the confirmation email. They definitely had my black case waiting for me, but didn't see any on the shelves. Can't wait to get home and dunk it in the toilet :)

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Called bestbuy in Pasadena,ca and they didn't have any, but the very helpful girl there said West Covina has 5 in stock and she even transferred me to their store number. The employee there went to check if they had them in stock and after 10 minutes on hold, she informed me they didn't have any. I almost gave up after that but decided to try their website about an hour later and it showed they had them available at West Covina and Fullerton. I quickly submitted the online purchase and headed over after receiving the confirmation email. They definitely had my black case waiting for me, but didn't see any on the shelves. Can't wait to get home and dunk it in the toilet :)

PICTURES!!!! Especially next to the iPhone to see the size.

i3igsmooth5769

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Yea ill try and post some photos, ill tell you what though...I already got the phone in the case and don't think I want to attempt pulling it out ever again. It was kind of a pain getting it in and snapping it together...definitely fits like a vault without the ironclad quality of one. The case feels very cheap and definitely see the pillowing effect people are talking about. I will give it a chance because it does offer protection like ive never seen from a case and its significantly thinner than the otter box defender but the built in screen protector does seem to hinder sensitivity more so in the lifeproof case.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Yea ill try and post some photos, ill tell you what though...I already got the phone in the case and don't think I want to attempt pulling it out ever again. It was kind of a pain getting it in and snapping it together...definitely fits like a vault without the ironclad quality of one. The case feels very cheap and definitely see the pillowing effect people are talking about. I will give it a chance because it does offer protection like ive never seen from a case and its significantly thinner than the otter box defender but the built in screen protector does seem to hinder sensitivity more so in the lifeproof case.

How tight is it to get into the case?
I'm worried about it scratching my tender black iPhone 5. :p

----------

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXc871plUoE

i3igsmooth5769

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It's fairly tight...but i think that might be a good thing. It allows for no play while the phone is in the case. Unlike the otterbox defender...the phone feels secure and does not slide around.

psyduckiee

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
I picked up an extra case just right now. PM if you want to purchase it from me. Only US buyers please. I'm not looking to get a big profit or anything, just a little something to cover my side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.