Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
Anyone?? lol...

I hope it is because this is what I am setting up...

I also checked my wired coax line (internet via cable modem) in my home office and the internet does NOT WORK! Having a cable technician come out tomorrow. I encourage everyone to test these things in advance!

I am SO EXCITED!! 11/12

I think it should be ok ... As long you have enough work space, easily adjustable too (referring to your chair).. I don't think this is a big to do.. We know the basis from working in an office environment...
The purpose of ergonomics is to prevent fatigue and strain(injury) on your body over an extended period of time.... Just think 90 degree angles when sitting at your desk that is the ideal position... Hope this helps :D

AbdullfatahJobs

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Lol OK ... I think the T-shirt... Didnt you give a :D to it hmmm

that would be so good.. even though we aren't in an office or representing the company on a face-to-face level, it would be nice to have something tangible & personal have make you 'feel' part of the company.. I've always worn my company shirts with pride lol if for anything to prove I have a 'real' job, (ID cards on lanyards around neck & pass card on retractable belt clips also work :cool:)

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
that would be so good.. even though we aren't in an office or representing the company on a face-to-face level, it would be nice to have something tangible & personal have make you 'feel' part of the company.. I've always worn my company shirts with pride lol if for anything to prove I have a 'real' job, (ID cards on lanyards around neck & pass card on retractable belt clips also work :cool:)

How do they know our size if its a shirt?!?

AbdullfatahJobs

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
How do they know our size if its a shirt?!?

maybe when they do the second interview via Skype/FaceTime they sus your size out? or maybe it's part of your background check? I'm sure there's ways they can avoid employing a 500Kg basement dweller with diabetes & a heart arrhythmia :eek::p OR more than likely - they send a Large for guys & Medium for chicks.. T-shirts can be worn tight, baggy, etc.. I'm sure it's this :cool:

No offence intended to anybody applying for/working as an AHA who actually is 500Kg, with the aforementioned health considerations & is planning to answer phones in a basement. Just trying to illustrate a ridiculous point because somebody won't 'fess up about contents of a certain gift box :mad::D;):confused::eek:

:apple:rocks

Citychic

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
New York-Dallas, USA
maybe when they do the second interview via Skype/FaceTime they sus your size out? or maybe it's part of your background check?
I'm sure there's ways they can avoid employing a 500Kg basement dweller with diabetes & a heart arrhythmia :eek::p OR more than likely - they send a Large for guys & Medium for chicks.. T-shirts can be worn tight, baggy, etc.. I'm sure it's this :cool:

No offence intended to anybody applying for/working as an AHA who actually is 500Kg, with the aforementioned health considerations & is planning to answer phones in a basement. Just trying to illustrate a ridiculous point because somebody won't 'fess up about contents of a certain gift box :mad::D;):confused::eek:

Lol true!!

AbdullfatahJobs

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
In all seriousness though, I've got to admit the last few days have been pretty stressful & have brought about a mixed bag of thoughts and feelings.. It's almost like playing a game with your mind not to get too excited about everything..just in case.. but then you start going over the process and the interviews and adding it all up, and before you know it your mind is thinking about things as though you have already started lol :D The things the recruiter told you about your interview, the e-mails, stressing about the BC, do I tell anybody I've gotten this far? Or wait for official email before letting anyone know... Sometimes I take a defensive position & tell myself "well I've done my best, they know what I'm about & they've said they want me, the BC will be done in a couple days and I'll know by end of the week - balls in their court & there isn't a thing I can do anymore so stressing won't change a thing"
I don't want to over-think everything, and yet I want to load my brain with as much apple stuff I can. When i jump on forums & read articles on websites, I'm slowly finding myself taking an advisor/advocates' position on certain products & companies instead of my normal neutral position, and more than normal I'm looking for the solution to what would make that person 'whole' again and/ or change their perception on something purely through educative means & letting them come to the conclusions themselves ('cos people like to think they're smart ;) and I think it's smart to make people feel like that) I'm sure they appreciate it sub-consciously :D
Anybody else experiencing the gamut of emotions I've described or anything similar?

..or am I just nuts?:rolleyes:

Trevorman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Anybody else experiencing the gamut of emotions I've described or anything similar?

Yes. For all the new people I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you read through this entire thread from the beginning, or at least from maybe this past July onward. There is a lot of good information in here about individual experiences. I think the contents of that box that many are obsessed with was even mentioned a while back.

AbdullfatahJobs

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
In all seriousness though, I've got to admit the last few days have been pretty stressful & have brought about a mixed bag of thoughts and feelings.. It's almost like playing a game with your mind not to get too excited about everything..just in case.. but then you start going over the process and the interviews and adding it all up, and before you know it your mind is thinking about things as though you have already started lol :D The things the recruiter told you about your interview, the e-mails, stressing about the BC, do I tell anybody I've gotten this far? Or wait for official email before letting anyone know... Sometimes I take a defensive position & tell myself "well I've done my best, they know what I'm about & they've said they want me, the BC will be done in a couple days and I'll know by end of the week - balls in their court & there isn't a thing I can do anymore so stressing won't change a thing"
I don't want to over-think everything, and yet I want to load my brain with as much apple stuff I can. When i jump on forums & read articles on websites, I'm slowly finding myself taking an advisor/advocates' position on certain products & companies instead of my normal neutral position, and more than normal I'm looking for the solution to what would make that person 'whole' again and/ or change their perception on something purely through educative means & letting them come to the conclusions themselves ('cos people like to think they're smart ;) and I think it's smart to make people feel like that) I'm sure they appreciate it sub-consciously :D

After re-reading that I'd say I was nuts lol

I don't think I've ever wanted something soooo badly it has affected me like this :eek: apart from a few major crushes during the peak of teenage hormones:cool:

Anna & Dana were so frickin' hot man ;):p

AbdullfatahJobs

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Yes. For all the new people I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you read through this entire thread from the beginning, or at least from maybe this past July onward. There is a lot of good information in here about individual experiences. I think the contents of that box that many are obsessed with was even mentioned a while back.

I've been following since a google search linked me to a post where somebody was telling someone they couldn't live on Apple's wage & to get a job behind the bar because of the current economic climate blah blah BLAH.
The first time I ever heard about this AHA role being available to apply for (I live in Australia - G'day sport! :) ) was the 18th of October. So I wanted to know more about it & as mentioned, google brought this site up, in particular that post & I've played along since. I've noticed some peole are more active on here than before & vice versa after getting accepted or 'thanks for playing'.. So i guess i was asking the people that are still here & are in between the 'Apple wants you..but first the BC' phone-call and the 'sign this contract' we-want-to-give-you-money-for-this-awesome-as-luck-job phase..
How did your emotions settle after you got the job Trevorman?

Last edited:

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
I've been following since a google search linked me to a post where somebody was telling someone they couldn't live on Apple's wage & to get a job behind the bar because of the current economic climate blah blah BLAH.
The first time I ever heard about this AHA role being available to apply for (I live in Australia - G'day sport! :) ) was the 18th of October. So I wanted to know more about it & as mentioned, google brought this site up, in particular that post & I've played along since. I've noticed some peole are more active on here than before & vice versa after getting accepted or 'thanks for playing'.. So i guess i was asking the people that are still here & are in between the 'Apple wants you..but first the BC' phone-call and the 'sign this contract' we-want-to-give-you-money-for-this-awesome-as-luck-job phase..
How did your emotions settle after you got the job Trevorman?

Koolaid-Drinker got the call and was like "Oh Yeah!"

calastogiekid

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Starting today...

Hrrm I am supposed to start today, but never got an email with a link to get into the class. I have emailed and called hiring managers, HR, and various contacts I have made through the process but can't get anyone to reply... Class starts in 5 mins and I am freaking out... :eek:

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
Hrrm I am supposed to start today, but never got an email with a link to get into the class. I have emailed and called hiring managers, HR, and various contacts I have made through the process but can't get anyone to reply... Class starts in 5 mins and I am freaking out... :eek:

Your Team Manager should have called and emailed you with their contact info and everything you need to get started on your first day (including the link to the online class).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.