Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That I agree with but there might be alternatives that are also upgrades to what he owns but lighter.

My girlfriend carries an HTC Amaze which I bought her. All 5' 105 lbs of her. She likes it a lot but I don't quite know if she is biased (do I need a smiley here?). That said, and I knew about this coming in with this phone, I really am quite surprised that this phone is heavier than the Amaze (173 grams). The HTC Amaze received rave reviews about its build quality but a constant knock, wrong or right, was its weight. And this was 1 year ago.

I have an iPhone 4 and had no interest in the 4S and not much more in the 5.

The only other choice for me (as I am interested in WP8) is the HTC Phone 8X (I have better taste than is offered by the Samsung ativ S). The HTC seems once again to have sacrificed a larger battery for slimness and seems to have an inferior camera to the iPhone 5.

I fancy I will buy one of these but I do believe that neither of these are halo phones which will resurrect the fortunes of their companies.

KAB2010

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2009
Louisiana
Wirelessly posted

thekev said:
I used an HTC Vivid and noticed the weight difference and it was even lighter than the Lumia. Some notice it and some don't I guess. I wish I had enough time and energy for the gym, a workout partner would help. I would never consider the Note because of it's size.
Also, the gym wouldn't do much for my wrist strength lol, and I'm by no means weak or terribly out of shape. From the pics that were just posted, the bottom of the phone just puzzles me.. that extra piece of room just seems out of place and ugly to me. I'd be much more interested in getting the phone if it weren't for the size of it in general.

It's light enough that you should be able to get used to the minor difference if the rest of it offers a compelling upgrade over what you own.

I'll probably just get the iPhone 5. I feel that WP needs a little time to mature. Maybe next year!

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
Where did you get yours? I preordered through best buy and it says my order hasn't shipped. I'm out of town anyway but I'm curious.

Bkasm

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Sigh, alright AT&T and Nokia, time to release this bad boy already. You're a month late as is.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Looks very nice. Too bad Rogers got exclusivity on it (why do these still exist?). Hopefully Microsoft store has unlocked ones and in different colors when the Yorkdale store opens.

ZacT94

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
Wirelessly posted

Too bad it's ~183 grams. May not seem like much, but once you get used to a much lighter phone, it does make a difference. And it's quite bulky with an unnecessary amount of bezel.

Not much different to my current Galaxy Note.

children

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
nice, im so jealous :eek:

the only thing stopping me from getting the 920 is the lack of local banking app (ANZ) on windows phone..

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
nice, im so jealous :eek:

the only thing stopping me from getting the 920 is the lack of local banking app (ANZ) on windows phone..

+1

Citibank is on WP7 but not 8. As much as the 920 has really caught my eye, it feels like going way the hell back in terms of usability. My understanding is multitasking and notifications are a wreck on windows phone.

jry

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
+1

Citibank is on WP7 but not 8. As much as the 920 has really caught my eye, it feels like going way the hell back in terms of usability. My understanding is multitasking and notifications are a wreck on windows phone.

WP8 will run all WP7 applications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.