Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigrichuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Sooo Gutted got so excited when i was opening up my 32gb black ipad mini with its sleek sexy looks only to find a HUGE dent in the top left hand corner :eek: just cant stop staring at it now funnily enough no scratches just this huge dent called up support and gotta wait until monday for my genius appointment to swap it out gonna be a long day tomorrow hope they dont start mucking me around in store :mad:

Anyone else had problems with damage? or am i just the unluckest man alive?

rpaloalto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
Palo Alto CA.
Why call apple and make a appointment? You just bought it today.
Just go return it no need to wait for a genius appointment 3 days from now.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Sometimes I don't understand why people would make a thread to ask if there is damage. Ever heard of a return policy?

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
That isn't a dent, that is for you to hold the iPad Mini in a single hand.. that is a finger guide. LOL

Sorry, I just had too. You can exchange it, but I know it sucks to have to deal with that.

Steveo13

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
South Carolina
When I bought my iPad 3, I waited in line from 5am to when the store opened. When I finally got home, I unboxed the new iPad (my first iPad ever) and found dirt and dust under the glass. I thought to myself "the biggest thing about this device is the screen and you can't even enjoy it" so I called them up and brought that thing right back to the store within the hour. They replaced it right there in the store and I went back home very happy. You should just bring it down and have them replace it right there, unless they have none left in stock.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
It's best to open your purchase while still at the Apple store. That way you're not taking such a big risk. Each of the last three purchases I've made had significant defects. Fortunately by discovering these issues before leaving the store, it's faster & easier to get them exchanged for products that are not defective.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Is it getting to the point that if buyer accidentally chips/dents their iToy they can just say it's "Scuff Gate?"

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Aluminum dents, if not now, then later.
I think that it is a very poor choice of material, but Apple obviously disagrees.
Apple genius told me when there was a scratch(es) on my iphone that he would not exchange again b/c these scratches will happen anyway.

I wanted to give him a piece of my intelligence but just decided to let him replace it and not tell him "i'll return it again, right back to you if I feel like it." The lameness of some of these people is insulting.

He would do well to say "Frankly, your chances of finding one without scratches is a crapshoot. Please just understand that there is a limit to the number that I can open up, sorry"

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
sorry. definitely take it back and exchange. also, knock on wood ...at least no one is complaining about pink, green, or blue tints. that would just add to the complaining.

ITS ME DAVID

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Pasadena, Ca
Sooo Gutted got so excited when i was opening up my 32gb black ipad mini with its sleek sexy looks only to find a HUGE dent in the top left hand corner :eek: just cant stop staring at it now funnily enough no scratches just this huge dent called up support and gotta wait until monday for my genius appointment to swap it out gonna be a long day tomorrow hope they dont start mucking me around in store :mad:

Piks

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011

I had the huge nick right out of the box, so I am going to sent them back on monday for refund. But today, i went to apple store to grab a new one, and i was first in line. i got the new mini today and sending back the nick mini for refund. i would not recmmened you to swap it because you are within the return period. if you bought it from online, mail it back for the refund and buy a new one in store, and if you bought it from the store go to the store to exchange it.
Hope they are still available

microcolt

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
Behind You
When mine finally arrived yesterday the screen was bulging out of the center on the left side. I could stick my fingernail under the screen and peel it off almost. I got it exchanged the next day for a brand new one!

With such a popular product I'd assume there would be a few flawed ones out there.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
When mine finally arrived yesterday the screen was bulging out of the center on the left side. I could stick my fingernail under the screen and peel it off almost. I got it exchanged the next day for a brand new one!

With such a popular product I'd assume there would be a few flawed ones out there.

wow, do you have pic of that?? that's crazy

Bigrichuk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
pics?

or he is a samsung employee! :D

lol I had an S3 for a week whilst waiting for my IP5 worst week of my life :D

Im working 7 days a week so I didnt get to call apple support until late and also wanted to make sure they had one before i drove the half hour to get there but if not might do as suggested and just send it back as i bought it online and pick one up at a later date as although ive only had it a day its one of them things that you dont need but have to have :D

pics below not that good but get the idea

Attachments

• IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 529
  • IMG_2340.jpg
    IMG_2340.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 520
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.