Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rnaodm

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Apple would of likely went bankrupt without MS stepping in and bailing them out.

If that happened you wouldn't have your precious devices, yet you wish MS to go under?

A Monopoly is only good for the company, its TERRIBLE for the consumers.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
But Apple has the best SoC designers. Why does the A6X blow away all others in graphics performance?

That doesn't make any sense for this thread.

Anyway, most x86 Windows Tablets and ultra books, and convertible computers, laptops as well will be using Intel HD Intergrated graphics, AMD's APU system, or a discreet video card, all of which blow away the A6X

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
Microsoft, as with every company, will experience periods of ups and downs, so to speak. In my mind, Microsoft will be a part of the landscape for a very long time, as it seeks to rediscover itself.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
That doesn't make any sense for this thread.

Anyway, most x86 Windows Tablets and ultra books, and convertible computers, laptops as well will be using Intel HD Intergrated graphics, AMD's APU system, or a discreet video card, all of which blow away the A6X

None of those are "system on a chip". The A6X has the best graphics performance of any current SoC.

edtrajano

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
Complete ********, and im a iphone user since 2008 so dont know where these bias comment comes lol

RIM is the best seller in latin america, its probably the top phones in carriers.

Im in Dominican Republic btw

You are completely wrong. I live in Brazil, the biggest country in latin america, and almost nobody gere has a blueberry phone.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
None of those are "system on a chip". The A6X has the best graphics performance of any current SoC.

Why does SOC matter? It only matters in underpowered tablets like the Nexus, iPad, Surface RT, stuff like that.

Some people, like myself, want real hardware. Real Processors, Real GPUs, Real amounts of memory, not crap that peforms like a desktop from 2003 jammed into a tablet.

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
If Microsoft dies, many businesses around the world, including Apple will suffer. Do a web search for "apple icloud windows azure".

In other words, Microsoft is dying just as much as the global economy.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
If Microsoft dies, many businesses around the world, including Apple will suffer. Do a web search for "apple icloud windows azure".

In other words, Microsoft is dying just as much as the global economy.

Name me on serious person who thinks Microsoft is going out of business any time soon. By serious, I mean anyone NOT from "Cult of Mac", "Apple Insider", Gizmodo or The Verge.

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
Name me on serious person who thinks Microsoft is going out of business any time soon. By serious, I mean anyone NOT from "Cult of Mac", "Apple Insider", Gizmodo or The Verge.

The OP? If OP isn't serious, then why post? Many people aren't informed of who Microsoft are in regards to the business they run. Many people don't even know that IBM still exist and are one of the leading innovators in computer technology, along with Microsoft. Not everyone is informed of computer technology, but sometimes talk like they are. I don't blame real journalists for being PO'ed at bloggers. I know there is no threat from people's false information. I just comment to provide insight from my knowledge since I work in enterprise IT and am well informed about computer technology.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
You are completely wrong. I live in Brazil, the biggest country in latin america, and almost nobody gere has a blueberry phone.

Go out of brazil then mate :) your saying the same **** someone in USA will say, is venezuela in brazil ? Is argentina also ? **** even mexico.

I only have love for brazil mate.

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
The OP? If OP isn't serious, then why post? Many people aren't informed of who Microsoft are in regards to the business they run. Many people don't even know that IBM still exist and are one of the leading innovators in computer technology, along with Microsoft. Not everyone is informed of computer technology, but sometimes talk like they are. I don't blame real journalists for being PO'ed at bloggers. I know there is no threat from people's false information. I just comment to provide insight from my knowledge since I work in enterprise IT and am well informed about computer technology.

People who are strictly gadget-hounds have no business commenting on enterprise-heavy corporations like IBM, Oracle & Microsoft.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Microsoft has success in some very key markets, and is making headway in a few they have been falling out of of since 2000.

They are still profitable, and probably a more interesting company to follow for the year 2012 and 2013 than Apple.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Nice attempt to deflect and foist it to another camp, but no cigar. :)

Which other camp? Are you saying Android fans don't ever say anything negative about WP and Windows?

And I'm not in the Apple camp, if that's what you're implying- I own a mix of iOS devices, Macs, Windows PCs and Android devices. I'm not a fan of Android, but other than that, I'd be happy with either an iPhone or WP8 phone and a W8 tablet (not a fan of iPads).

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
People who are strictly gadget-hounds have no business commenting on enterprise-heavy corporations like IBM, Oracle & Microsoft.

Yeah, they just don't understand that those companies are a big part of the driving force behind those gadgets. No matter the format, computers are computers.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
I personally don't care for Microsoft or their products/services but I don't really see them "dying a slow death".

They dominate the enterprise market, Windows and Office enjoy well stablished and dominant marketshare and are the standard in a great number of businesses. They have also been very successful in the game console market with the xBox and xBox 360 and now with Windows 8, their Surface tablet and Windows 8 phones along with the introduction of their new services like SkyDrive and Outlook, they are pulling all the strings to enter and successfully compete in the tablet and smartphone market against Apple, Google and Amazon.

If anything I would say that they may be in the middle of a come back after being in a sort of limbo during the last few years.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012

You being well informed is quite subjective indeed. Think-they-know-it-all nerds like yourself are a dime a dozen. Try reading the article and maybe the entire thread to get up the speed.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
You being well informed is quite subjective indeed. Think-they-know-it-all nerds like yourself are a dime a dozen.

Okay. Continue believe Microsoft will die. Meanwhile, the majority of the rest of the world disagrees. It is a stupidly inane thought.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Okay. Continue believe Microsoft will die. Meanwhile, the majority of the rest of the world disagrees. It is a stupidly inane thought.

You do realize that Microsoft is in a decline right? The rest of the world knows this. Apparently you and a few others in this thread believe they are on the rise and stronger than ever. Show me one article that states otherwise please. Thanks!

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
You do realize that Microsoft is in a decline right? The rest of the world knows this. Apparently you and a few others in this thread believe they are on the rise and stronger than ever. Show me one article that states otherwise please. Thanks!

At the rate of this "decline" Microsoft will be out of business by 2036.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA

So, record profits ( other than one quarter due to a bad investment. ) and increasing sales and income are a sign of decline? Almost half the marketshare in console gaming, Windows 8 Phones seem to be very good devices that will probably catch on, Windows 8 making inroads already, Windows XP/7 And office being the best selling software ever written? Yep, total failures.

If.

Increased Sales
New Successful Products, like the XBOX and Surface which is already proving to be popular.
Increasing income
Entering new markets
Increased Profits

Are a sign of decline and failure.

Then Apple will be doomed to.

Last edited:

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
I love the "show me one article that states otherwise" comment lol get a grip mate !

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK

Decline does not mean it will die. They're currently adapting to a shift in the consumer market (PC to tablets) as far as Windows is concerned and it is nice they've kept compatibility with PCs and I hope they continue to do so for many years. Xbox's as far as I am aware are the most popular console. Their Office Suite and OS is industry standard and most used worldwide. On top of that they provide many tech services for the industry, even iCloud is run on Microsoft services.

Yes, they may be declining from a consumer point of view due to their late arrival in the tablet market, but in reality Microsoft are a healthy company that has plenty of life left. Even if they settle for less in the future, doesn't make them dead.

The only thing I see failing in Microsoft is their Phone OS. I'm sure it is great, but it hasn't really turned peoples heads from the iPhone and Galaxy S3.

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
You being well informed is quite subjective indeed. Think-they-know-it-all nerds like yourself are a dime a dozen. Try reading the article and maybe the entire thread to get up the speed.

Sure. Vanity Fair hardly qualifies has a reliable source for technology. The people that are informed are the ones working in the IT industry since the nineties, like myself. Perform your own research and get some figures on how many corporations around the world run Microsoft software solutions, especially Windows workstations/servers and Office. Someone revealed, not too long ago, that Apple themselves use Windows Azure (and Amazon) to host iCloud. So technically, for every iPhone and iPad sold, Microsoft is getting paid because every iOS device includes an iCloud account. Neither Apple nor Microsoft came out to debunk this claim.

In my opinion, Apple is more likely to fail before Microsoft. The global economy isn't dependent on Apple software or devices.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.