Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Go to settings>general > date and time and then turn off "set automatically "
There was a glitch that cause it to use more battery, and when I turned it off I noticed better battery. Hope you guys enjoy this tip :)

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Odd, having it on has no effect on my battery. Get great battery life with it set to auto.

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Odd, having it on has no effect on my battery. Get great battery life with it set to auto.

Maybe it's certain iPhones? Or maybe if you then it off you'll get even greater battery? Won't hurt to try :)

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Also have it switched off and the clock still changed itself for DST this morning.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
I have a feeling this feature is useless in the US since date and time sync with tower, so you will have correct date and time if tower has correct date and time. So it sure wouldn't hurt leaving this feature off, and for some, help improve battery life.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
I tried this, then let my phone drain to 1% and recharged over night and I see a huge improvement! Going on day 2 and still have 62%! I had not made it through 24 hours without sinking into the the low 20% before!

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
I tried this, then let my phone drain to 1% and recharged over night and I see a huge improvement! Going on day 2 and still have 62%! I had not made it through 24 hours without sinking into the the low 20% before!
I'm glad it's been working for a few people :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.