Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FooArk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I know when I had an iPhone 4 and then bought an iPad 2, I hated the bad resolution.

Now I am used to nice iPhone 5 and Retina iPad 3. Will the iPad Mini look bad to me?

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I know when I had an iPhone 4 and then bought an iPad 2, I hated the bad resolution.

Now I am used to nice iPhone 5 and Retina iPad 3. Will the iPad Mini look bad to me?

Only you can answer how it looks to YOU. You should try to visit Apple store to see for yourself because everyone has different eye sight and standards.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
To me it was. Guess I'm just to used to the iPhone4/5 and iPad3. It wasn't so much that the text was too small but it was too pixelated for me to read web pages comfortably. I like holding my iPad in portrait and with the mini I found it difficult to read the small pixelated text.

This is just my opinion and others may not find the screen to be a problem at all to them. Apple has spoiled me with Retina and the mini has actually made me appreciate my big, beautiful iPad3. :D

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
I must apologize - iPad Mini

I have to apologize to all of the people that I questioned when they said that the iPad mini screen was terrible.

I bought the Mini and returned it within 24 hours. Why? It was smooth, fairly enjoyable to use, but that screen...the screen isn't just bad...it's horrendous.

I congratulate every one of you who love your minis and I wish you years of enjoyment, but for me I can't understand how it is selling so well.

I was able to return mine and leave with an iPad 4 for $170. That's a small price to pay for such a dramatic upgrade.

Again, it's just one person's opinion and I don't begrudge anyone who enjoys theirs, but I am stunned Apple put out a product in 2012 with such a porous display.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Congrats on creating the 1000th separate thread about the mini screen.

I think it's time to make a separate forum dedicated to the ipad mini screen.

FrozenDarkness

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2009
What's ridiculous is people buying it and returning it because of the screen. You realize you can test the ipad out right?

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
Thats right... Cant you test the ipad mini at the store before buying it?
No, I felt like buying it, taking it home and using it.

Does it have a return policy? I believe the answer is yes, so I thought I'd utilize that return policy.

I'm merely stating that the screen is junk. This is a maddeningly sad Apple product. They'll sell the heck out of them...I don't get it, but they will sell.

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
If they do, they won't get the chance to rant all over the Internet then.
I just don't get why so many people on this forum take it so personally that Apple flubbed up this device.

As for the "rant"...this is a Mac forum, people are going to rant (good and bad) about Apple products here! Neat, isn't it??

----------

Again however, we all want to know why you feel the need to create a brand new thread (As if there aren't already tons) stating that you returned it because of the screen.

Search before posting.
No, I liked the idea of having my own thread! Thanks for adding something constructive (sarcasm) to it!!

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
No, I felt like buying it, taking it home and using it.

Does it have a return policy? I believe the answer is yes, so I thought I'd utilize that return policy.

I'm merely stating that the screen is junk. This is a maddeningly sad Apple product. They'll sell the heck out of them...I don't get it, but they will sell.

So you knew from the beggining you were not going to be satisfied with the screen...

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
I just don't get why so many people on this forum take it so personally that Apple flubbed up this device.

Flubbed is your interpretation. I happen to think the Mini is the best iPad they have ever created and I have owned every single one so far.

FrozenDarkness

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2009
It's fine. I merely pointed it out because the crux if your sad rant is the fact you returned it within 24 hrs as if ten minutes in the store wouldn't have given you the same conclusion

You sound really sad.

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
So you knew from the beggining you were not going to be satisfied with the screen...
I knew it would be somewhat inferior to what I am used to, but I really didn't know how dramatic the difference would be.

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
It's fine. I merely pointed it out because the crux if your sad rant is the fact you returned it within 24 hrs as if ten minutes in the store wouldn't have given you the same conclusion

You sound really sad.
Actually, quite the opposite! I'm very happy with my iPad 4...I am a little sad that the Cowboys lost again, but I'm used to Jason Garrett's poor play calling and predictable results.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
I knew it would be somewhat inferior to what I am used to, but I really didn't know how dramatic the difference would be.

Can you tell us what was the things that you didn't like from the screen... I know the reolution but what were those things that you saw in that screen that made you say... This is really bad

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2007
Yes the screen is THAT bad, especially if you have an iPhone 5 and iPad 3/4.

If you could somehow get Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones to come and zap you with one of those things from Men in Black that makes you lose your memory you could be alright. Bottom line = going from retina to mini display = terrible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.