Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Feltzem

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2009
What are you talking about? This is literally SECONDS worth of work for a moderately capable programmer.

I'm saying that they're pretty small features, and there's other things that are more in need of addressing (compared to an animation in Safari anyway).

joshuamore12

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Post a picture of the new lockscreen volume controls please

images

----------

This is the bigger report a problem button on maps.

images

Last edited:

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I wonder, if in light of Scott forestall leaving, they pulled some functionality in 6.1, and will work on it separately ???

MacTrips

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
Problem.

I've noticed that when selecting panorama mode in Camera the UI is different (as if its not meant to be the way it shows up) and when attempting to shoot a panorama shot the App crashes.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
TBH I liked the old lockscreen music controls better - You got the exact same functionality, plus you could see the time more easily and it displayed the date too, which it doesn't seem to on this one.

...Not that I'm upgrading from iOS5 :cool:

DaffyDuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
I'm saying that they're pretty small features, and there's other things that are more in need of addressing (compared to an animation in Safari anyway).

Sorry, I was being sarcastic and not very clear. They might be holding a lot back but what they have shown so far barely qualifies as a .01 update.

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
Took a screenshot:

The new lockscreen music controls pushes up the time to the status bar?

So now we need a magnifying glass to see the time in the lock screen?

WTF Apple??? :eek:

Man, things are starting to go from worse to crazy.

It's ironic... extra long display in iphone 5, yet push the time up to the status bar so you can't read it at a glance.

Is it just me, or is that idea insane?

Suspended
Sep 20, 2012
United Kingdom
So now we need a magnifying glass to see the time in the lock screen?

WTF Apple??? :eek:

Man, things are starting to go from worse to crazy.

It's ironic... extra long display in iphone 5, yet push the time up to the status bar so you can't read it at a glance.

Is it just me, or is that idea insane?

The time only goes to the top when you double press the home button, to access the playout controls. The large clock still exists when you only press the home button once.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Just saw on 9to5mac that you can use Siri to buy movie tickets through fandango. So that's a third improvement. :D

Edit: aw man looks like Saberon beat me to it. ;) :D

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Can someone play a song then access the lockscreen controls? I want to see what appears in the space between the controls & the status bar when a song is playing in 6.1.

panart

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
Cyprus
Can someone play a song then access the lockscreen controls? I want to see what appears in the space between the controls & the status bar when a song is playing in 6.1.

-

Attachments

• IMG_1846.PNG
    IMG_1846.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1847.PNG
    IMG_1847.PNG
    631.6 KB · Views: 162

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
The time only goes to the top when you double press the home button, to access the playout controls. The large clock still exists when you only press the home button once.

With all that real estate, why would they make to clock go to the top?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.