Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
macbook to iPad doesnt seem such a strange thing if the person realizes that they check e-mail and browse and maybe play a few small games. The iPad is perfect for that. Especially if the macbook is not their primary machine. I am concidering selling my blackbook for the same reason.

Rule #1. Never sell a Black MacBook:apple:. Enjoy their rarity these days.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Started putting down the carpets for the winter time here. Not much has changed since I havent finished building my new desk. I did put my wacom tablet in the closet, since I dont use it that much.

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

I normally use a wired apple keyboard w/# keys, but I spilled some coke on the left side, and my A, D, and S keys stopped working after. Im using the Logitech DiNovo now, which is ok, but I cant set the F18 and F19 keys to the way I had them on my apple KB. I set the F18 to go left for Spaces, and F19 to go right.

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
I normally use a wired apple keyboard w/# keys, but I spilled some coke on the left side, and my A, D, and S keys stopped working after. Im using the Logitech DiNovo now, which is ok, but I cant set the F18 and F19 keys to the way I had them on my apple KB. I set the F18 to go left for Spaces, and F19 to go right.

Are you using the DiNovo in conjunction with the "old-style" Revolution? If so, you're using the same peripherals I use :D Fantastic combo, even if they don't exactly match color-wise. Just wish they worked with the built-in Bluetooth.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Are you using the DiNovo in conjunction with the "old-style" Revolution? If so, you're using the same peripherals I use :D Fantastic combo, even if they don't exactly match color-wise. Just wish they worked with the built-in Bluetooth.

I like the DiNovo, but a few of the F keys give me fits. The play button doesnt always work with iTunes, and like I said earlier, I cant program the F18 and F19 the way I want to. If I could, I wouldnt go back to the wired Apple KB.

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
Started putting down the carpets for the winter time here. Not much has changed since I havent finished building my new desk. I did put my wacom tablet in the closet, since I dont use it that much.

I have that same Belkin USB/FW hub. Still works great.

sindekit

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011

What stand are you using for your mbp?

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
I like the DiNovo, but a few of the F keys give me fits. The play button doesnt always work with iTunes, and like I said earlier, I cant program the F18 and F19 the way I want to. If I could, I wouldnt go back to the wired Apple KB.

The play button doesn't work with iTunes? Strange, works fine for me. Though there is a noticeable delay between pressing it and iTunes actually responding, I've found.

Is there no way to program the program launcher hotkeys to activate spaces.app and do what you want? (I'm not in front of mine now, so can't check.) I seem to recall the Sys Prefs for those buttons are pretty flexible, but I haven't dug into them too deep because I just use ctrl+left/ctrl+right to go left and right.

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
Now this isn't my setup anymore, nor was it really "mine". I graduated highschool last year, and this is the edit bay I shared with a few other of my friends who were officers in our video programme. I'll post pictures of my home setup when I get it more settled.
506Lf.jpg

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
The play button doesn't work with iTunes? Strange, works fine for me. Though there is a noticeable delay between pressing it and iTunes actually responding, I've found.

Is there no way to program the program launcher hotkeys to activate spaces.app and do what you want? (I'm not in front of mine now, so can't check.) I seem to recall the Sys Prefs for those buttons are pretty flexible, but I haven't dug into them too deep because I just use ctrl+left/ctrl+right to go left and right.

How would one go about doing that?

joelk2

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
changing a macbook to an iPad? Weird ;X

I literally used my macbook only for browsing the internet/twitter.

i have a computer which is ageing and wanted an imac to replace it so as my wife wanted my office room for a childs play room i thought it was the right time to get the imac.

as the new space is the corner of my kitchen the imac was the perfect solution, all in one, looks good and whisper quiet. (total opposite to my current pc)

the new ipad mini was coming out and i had the imac to fulfill my osx needs so it was time to sell up the macbook and get the mini.

macbook to iPad doesnt seem such a strange thing if the person realizes that they check e-mail and browse and maybe play a few small games. The iPad is perfect for that. Especially if the macbook is not their primary machine. I am concidering selling my blackbook for the same reason.

exactly the reasons. the mini is such a nice size to hold. so much lighter than the other models. definitely made the right choice.

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
How would one go about doing that?

I know you can change what app the hotkeys launch via sys prefs (assuming you installed the software Logitech bundled with the KB)... dunno if you can make them do something specific within an app though.

...For the obvious reasons

..."obvious reasons"? Are you referring to Apple casting aside MP users, or...?

...am I missing something obvious? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.