Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimonMW

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Not sure why people think these tests are useless. I think they have value, particularly the dunk tests. If using an iPad outside, good to know it can survive a dunking, since I won't need to be so worried about rain. Would be interesting to know if the 4S and 5 phones were similarly good. So many people drop their phones into the toilet. Easy to do. I know a few who have had phones in their top pocket and leant over and it has fallen out either into the toilet or onto the floor. Good to know how well these devices still work afterwards.

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
I like these videos too. To the people saying it's a terrible waste… it's a drop in the ocean. Did you know they crash test brand new cars?? :eek: To the people saying it's obvious glass-faced devices are going to smash… that just sounds like sour grapes from people hoping for better results from their favourite brand. The iPhone 5 survived many drop tests surprisingly well. That's something the consumer would not have known had folks like these not been willing to sacrifice a few devices.

Yes, Android Authority's drop tests were very poorly controlled, and are subject to variations in the way each device impacted. But the more people who post drop test videos, the more comprehensive a picture we get! And besides that, they're kind of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htsPXx_mXAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpyI736X-zU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4_iVEoTRGs

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Not sure why people think these tests are useless. I think they have value, particularly the dunk tests. If using an iPad outside, good to know it can survive a dunking, since I won't need to be so worried about rain. Would be interesting to know if the 4S and 5 phones were similarly good. So many people drop their phones into the toilet. Easy to do. I know a few who have had phones in their top pocket and leant over and it has fallen out either into the toilet or onto the floor. Good to know how well these devices still work afterwards.

So amnybpeople drop then in the toilet, is because they take it in there in the first place.

I can not nderstand why people cannot go 2 seconds without internet, for a bit of privacy. Same thing in the shower, and u wnder why people complain...

This is no surprise...... Sorry, doesn't make sense to me in a toilet. Whats so darn important, it can't wait?

Thats what voicemail is for.... if it that important, thy'll call back, or leave a message. no exceptions.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
I don't understand the people who are so bothered, some personally, by the destruction of the devices. They own it, thus they can do anything to it. Or were you seriously thinking that it should've been given to someone else, like yourself?

SimonMW

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
I can not nderstand why people cannot go 2 seconds without internet, for a bit of privacy. Same thing in the shower, and u wnder why people complain...
Guess you've never needed to use a public toilet then...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.