Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
edu.jpg

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
That's still bloody expensive!

In Japan the top 27 is priced at 160,800yen = 1,247 pounds.

That's about 250 pounds extra in the UK!

I think the US has the best Educ discount prices... (alan) b'stards!

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
That's still bloody expensive!

In Japan the top 27 is priced at 160,800yen = 1,247 pounds.

That's about 250 pounds extra in the UK!

I think the US has the best Educ discount prices... (alan) b'stards!

In Europe we're paying the big FRAUD of the banks and politicians, they've spoilt us and they continue doing that by high taxes

nfilg

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2012
In Europe we're paying the big FRAUD of the banks and politicians, they've spoilt us and they continue doing that by high taxes
Hey Miguel if you are in the Peninsula get a 2nd hand Thunderbolt display, they are really cheap compared with this new Imacs and a Hackintosh. Mountain Lion 10.8.2 runs really smooth and you can upgraded later. If you play games you can also have windows with a Dgpu.

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Damn.. It's way more expensive in Portugal!

God you are ruined! Your stupid politicians have left your country made a ****! In Spain we may follow the same way

----------

Hey Miguel if you are in the Peninsula get a 2nd hand Thunderbolt display, they are really cheap compared with this new Imacs and a Hackintosh. Mountain Lion 10.8.2 runs really smooth and you can upgraded later. If you play games you can also have windows with a Dgpu.

Thanks but nowadays I don't have economic problems, so I'll buy a basic mac that fits my needs ;)

nfilg

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2012
Thanks but nowadays I don't have economic problems, so I'll buy a basic mac that fits my needs ;)

I am in Portugal too, with no financial problems but you never know with this "politicians". I sincerely wish you good luck on your new iMac.

Luvin

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
NJ
US educational pricing:

$1249
$1399
$1699
$1899

... For their respective models starting from low to high. Sorry about crappy post, posting from phone in New Jersey. : /

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
US educational pricing:

$1249
$1399
$1699
$1899

... For their respective models starting from low to high. Sorry about crappy post, posting from phone in New Jersey. : /

Does that include tax? Or is it before tax is added? IF it includes tax it's about 100 cheaper than the Japan prices.

Luvin

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
NJ
Does that include tax? Or is it before tax is added? IF it includes tax it's about 100 cheaper than the Japan prices.

That is without tax. Most prices on anything in the US are posted without tax. This is because the tax rate differs from state to state. Also, some states charge for online purchases while others are tax free. Your tax rate is displayed as you checkout your cart with another subtotal (usually in red) added to the base cost of the item (in black) with a grand total below. If there are shipping charges, they're usually displayed somewhere in the equation also, above the grand total.

TLDR: those are the prices without taxes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.