Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fredeurst

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
How can I stop preview opening the 700 files I had opened before when I open a new file?
I already try cmd+option+Q and cmd+W on each windows.

lpeedin

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
System Preferences > General
Check the box titled "Close Windows when quitting an Application"

DoctorCrap

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
Penang, Malaysia
System Preferences > General
Check the box titled "Close Windows when quitting an Application"

Do that once, launch the application and close it again. Return to original settings and it should work.

Is that from a spam of documents you open or virus of some sort. If there are multiple windows (in most applications including Preview.app), use cmd + alt + W to close all windows.

Fredeurst

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
There is no such item in general. There's one "restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" that I already unchecked because I was becoming crazy when I start the mac...
When I tried cmd+alt+W, a window with saving change opened and I can't use preview anymore. I've to force quit preview...
I don't think it's a virus. I've got pictures from a camera and lessons from university.
Thanks for help.

DoctorCrap

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
Penang, Malaysia
There is no such item in general. There's one "restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" that I already unchecked because I was becoming crazy when I start the mac...
When I tried cmd+alt+W, a window with saving change opened and I can't use preview anymore. I've to force quit preview...
I don't think it's a virus. I've got pictures from a camera and lessons from university.
Thanks for help.

In Mountain Lion, there is "Close windows when quitting an application" option. That option when ticked, you should know what it does.

This setting is under System Preferences>General .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.