Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Agree about the :apple:TV UI. I've got the original and considered upgrading but used my brother's the other day. Couldn't belive that something as basic as download progress was hidden away in the settings, amongst other issues.

I just don't get who approved it?

I'm not trying to disparage their hard work. I could never write code and create a UI for an Apple product. But you can work real hard digging out a drinking well with just a spoon; it doesn't mean it was a good idea though.

Last edited:

Dorje Sylas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
In a way this reminds of when Steve got kicked out of Apple, but like 10 steps before he tried to oust Sculley. Steve was also know for being rather stubborn, bossy, and (if one wanted go to an extreme) petulant. The restraint Jobs learned in his exile brought us Pixar and eventually the underpinning of NeXT into Apple and ultimately OSX, and thus iOS.

If the rumors of Forstall being as rancorous with both staff and management are even partway true, then perhaps this will be good for both him and Apple in the long run. Steve learned you can be a bossy blowhard, but you have to be nice bossy blowhard.

Just so long as Cook keeps an eye on Google and Microsoft... especially if MS can get its own house in order and pull its Phone/Tablet/Desktop/Server elements together in a cohesive and mutually supportive package.

Artey

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2011
Thank god Ive is in control of software design now. Now maybe they can get rid of those awful Forstall abominations that infected Find My Friends and other apps.

Mac-guru

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
I just found this picture ...

UF9Hf.jpg

Can you imagine the conversation :)

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
For those who understand french, a 75 minutes multi-interview between mac journalists, a former apple engineer, JL Frechin a designer close to J. Ive.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
I just found this picture ...

Can you imagine the conversation :)

Well, I could say any number of things and they all would be untrue because, who the hell knows what they are talking about. As far as I known they are taking about some hot busty chick who is not in the camera field of view. :D

Gallion

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2011
Bingo. Forstall seemed odd and somewhat pompous when I saw him in photos/videos. most other executives seem on a normal feel, but Forstall looked a tad crazy.

I got that simply from this pic. The only pic I ever seen of Forstall. It's just written "Pompous, thinks he's a big shot, a dick to everyone" all over his face.

forstall.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.