Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batchtaster

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
What are your browser screens incapable of scrolling ? :confused:

The fact that you scroll and you see it at the bottom is not remarkable. There's always a trailing edge of content on my screen that requires scrolling, including the country selector and the corporate info (eg: copyright info) - the nature of laptops. Telling them to scroll doesn't demonstrate what's going on. It's the resizing and re-arranging that occurs on a larger screen to manoeuvre their non-preferred content off the screen that's noteworthy, and not demonstratable on a smaller screen.

reefoid

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2011
UK
Exactly what I would do... stupid power move in part of the judge. I bet he loves looking at himself in the mirror and saying "I just made the biggest corporation in the world do whatever I said. Go me..."

I highly doubt it. Do you really think a High Court judge needs a power trip? In the grand scheme of things, this is a nothing case, a mere irritant for the judges, nothing more.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
The post-Jobs era is officially in high gear. I don't like what is happening with Apple and not sure I like where the company is headed. That stability that Jobs brought is gone.

Did you really think Jobs would have simply complied with the court ruling? This is the same guy who basically gave the finger to Antennagate crybabies who wanted a free bumper.

mailhojo

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2001
Not True

Shame Apple are acting like a little school boy, they should man up and accept they were found guilty, but then this is Apple the bully.

APPLE was not found guilty. The ruling was regarding SAMSUNG and if they violated any issue.

Lost Rider

macrumors member
If the judge had ordered them to apologise, I might agree with you. But he didn't. He ordered them to publish the fact that Samsung didn't infringe on their registered design.

Read one of the numerous threads that has already gone over this countless times.

You are correct, I misquoted. Just having first cup of coffee this morning.

He ordered them to publish the fact that Samsung didn't infringe on their registered design, according to the court in that country. Apple feels quite differently about that ruling and in the end that's my point.
The world will not stop turning, both companies involved will continue to sell millions of their products, but in the end Apple is showing their defiance to the bitter end.
I would do the same thing if I felt how Apple (Steve jobs did) about Samsung, and respect their will to push the grey lines of the interpretation of the ruling.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
...the website did that before the notice was posted. I doubt it's a deliberate attempt to hide the notice.

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
Did you really think Jobs would have simply complied with the court ruling? This is the same guy who basically gave the finger to Antennagate crybabies who wanted a free bumper.

He gave them the finger, by giving them exactly what they wanted...?...

Steve Jobs was not above the law and complaining that a product you paid premium for doesn't work as well as it should be because of a design flaw is not being a 'crybaby'

rmatthewware

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2009
Shame Apple are acting like a little school boy, they should man up and accept they were found guilty, but then this is Apple the bully.

Apple wasn't found guilty of anything. They sued for copyright infringement and Samsung was found not guilty.

This would be like you suing someone for scratching your car then being unable to prove they did it, then the judge saying you have to put a billboard over your house for a month saying you're a liar. It's pretty ridiculous.

MikeAK

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011

True. But I also don't believe he would have resorted to this sort of antic to prove a point... and maps wouldn't have been the mess it was. The company isn't as stable as it was under Jobs and it shows in more ways then one. Apple might be OK for the foreseeable future but I wonder where the company is going now that we have children running things.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

What the **** are you on about? Apple wasn't found guilty of anything. The judge decided that even though Samsung copied Apple's design, the copy wasn't good enough to infringe on Apple's design patents.

So this is quite clearly Samsung the thief getting away with it.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
It's not thinking differently to do what any/every corporation would do which is as little as possible to be compliant.

Thinking differently is not the same and thinking stupidly when dealing with court rulings and law suits.

Of course apple will do their best to comply with ruling and not give Samsung a big ad on their page.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
This would be like you suing someone for scratching your car then, that someone opund innocent, and you still sayiong he scratched your car, then the judge saying you have to put a billboard over your house for a month saying it didn't scratched your car

Corrected, you're welcome

Davmeister

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2009
London
Not entirely true;

Here's the homepage at 2880x1800. Don't have to scroll down to see the notice.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 16.27.32.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 16.27.32.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.