Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
yeah that's what he said... He went back to Safari after it came, aka when he got iOS6, he went back to Safari.

Also the main reason I use it now, Safari for mac is great and I love the iCloud tabs. Use it almost daily

oops i read it as use[d] chrome until safari.. etc

as in he uses chrome..and is waiting for it to get it lol doh!

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Safari. I don't trust Google not to store my browsing history on their servers and match it to ads "targeted at the user".

Exactly, Google already knows too much about me, giving the full access to everything I do online is something I'd rather avoid.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Safari. Even without jailbreaking and installing my fav tweaks (e.g., WebOffline), it delivers the best performance.

----------

Mainly Safari, but even though safari now has iCloud tabs, Chrome is a big plus because I can open more than 8 tabs.

BTW, as soon as a jailbreak is readied, Tab+ becomes an excellent solution to this problem.

Jord5i

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2012
Mainly Safari, but even though safari now has iCloud tabs, Chrome is a big plus because I can open more than 8 tabs.

Do you really ever need that? I definitely do not, and when I look at how my parents (and grandparents for that matter) use it, they would have a million tabs open. Which just can't be good for overall speed.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Sometimes Safari, sometimes Atomic - although in general I try to avoid using my phone for web browsing.

dellAbait

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
atomic for web use, and chrome for backgrounding youtube or other internet media while i browse on atomic

does anyone know of a browser that allows you to minimize the quicktime video popup and continue playing it while browsing on the same browser?

msaftw

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Houston, Tx
Do you really ever need that? I definitely do not, and when I look at how my parents (and grandparents for that matter) use it, they would have a million tabs open. Which just can't be good for overall speed.

Yes, especially viewing MacRumor threads....:rolleyes: But, I've never had a hit in speed. Chrome manages the tabs well.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Safari. I really haven't used Firefox or Chrome on my iPhone yet since Safari works just fine for me.

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
I use Chrome as I use it on my Desktop, so the sync features are awesome, especially for bookmarks.

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
atomic for web use, and chrome for backgrounding youtube or other internet media while i browse on atomic (snip)
+1 for Atomic Browser, mainly per its AdBlock feature with the ability to add filters. Just refuse to deal with all the web page ads, pop unders etc -— especially on a mobile device. Otherwise, I’d likely stay between Safari and Chrome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.