Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xwk88

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
and I still can't figure out how to manage my iphone from my iPad. I can't figure out how to plug my phone into my ipad and sync all of my music from iTunes on my iPad onto my phone. Can you help me?

it's called itunes match, ;)
gives you the ability to download your music from any of your devices.
plus if you already bought the music from itunes its just readily available.
and given the fact I'd say at least most people keep their main library on their computer I dont see why any one would wanna string their Ipad and Iphone together for music transfers :)

as for the mini its an amazing lil thing..... I love it was never a huge fan of the ipad but, the mini after playing with it I could see my self using it a lot..... instead of my phone at home even on long trips......

I need the LTE version tho no way Im going wifi only, speacially since att will let me add the ipad to my share everything for 10 bucks :D:D:D

----------

I would bet money that at least a third of those units sold were to resellers and black market profiteers

but guess what their most likely sold out of theirs too now...... no matter how you put it....... 99.99% of these are now in costumers hands........

and people are loving it.... at least the ones I've talked to....

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
those numbers are no good at all considering it came out in more world wide markets at once.

apple obvs would have announced the iPad Mini and iPad 4 numbers separately if they were anything to be proud of.

oh well, some competition serves them right :)

- sent from my extinct iPad 3 ;)

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Cue the "Apple is Doomed" choir.

As I've predicted, the iPad Mini is flopping - and why? For the simple reason that they have NOT released numbers on the split between the Mini and a normal iPad.

Add to that the fact that Apple's tablet market share has fallen to 50% in just six months - time to REVOLUTIONIZE AGAIN, Apple.

Mere speed bumps are no longer sufficient if you wish to remain on top.

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003
Are the Samsung and Amazon offerings really that good, to deserve chopping into pioneer Apple's tablet market share?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Are the Samsung and Amazon offerings really that good, to deserve chopping into pioneer Apple's tablet market share?
For the price, yes.

If cost is no concern, the general consensus is likely that they aren't. However, for most, cost is a concern.

I'm not saying that it's a better decision to buy, say, a Fire HD than an iPad Mini - just that, especially when you consider cost, it's a defensible decision and one you're not likely to regret (i.e., although less expensive, the devices aren't bad).

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
I hope Apple is making the most of the 16GB and 32GB and barely making any 64GB unless its LTE.

Everyone I know is going for the 16/32 GB Wifi...not even considering the 64GB unless they make it their all in one media device.

SeniorGato1

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
I don't get this "cannibalizing sales" attitude that a lot of people seem to have.

If you only have 350$ for a tablet, you can only get a 16GB Wi-Fi iPad mini or something from a competitor. The full-sized iPad isn't even an option.

Same could be said if you have $500 and purchase the mini for the new cool small factor.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
I agree. But when buying a cellphone, you don't look at the overall costs, only the initial price. But you are right.

Cell phone costs over 2 years are absurd for a smart phone. You can buy a Macbook Pro Retina for what people are spending on an iPhone contract.

If people REALLY LOOKED at what they were spending, they might reconsider a smart phone or at least go for a pay-go-iphone from Virgin or something.

nicehhan

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2011
iPad Minis in Australia

At the Apple store nearest my house, all 16gb and 64gb were sold out.

HAMEYO

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2011
And Blind followers will buy no matter.....

So the cycle continues.

You're OUTDATED !

You Are The ONE who is Blind to " WORLD TREND of Ordinary People ".

The Term " Blind Followers " is NO MORE VALID!!!!!!!!!

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Maybe in your area, but the Mini is sold out at every store here for hundreds of miles. I live in a high population area.

This is a complete joke. Hundreds of miles, you say? Now I'm at Best Buy in Rockville, MD and they have a stack of Mini's available here.

Jaguar619

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2012
So assuming they sold all base iPad minis at $329, Apple made just under a billion dollars in revenue in 3 days. Not too bad in my book. Other companies can only dream of that type of revenue.

DVK916

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
This is a complete joke. Hundreds of miles, you say? Now I'm at Best Buy in Rockville, MD and they have a stack of Mini's available here.

:rolleyes: I doubt that. The only ones the best buys here have are a few black 64 GB ones. I have checked apple online inventory NOTHING for hundreds of miles, I have called every Best Buy in a 100 miles, again nothing but a few 64 GB blacks.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Impressive sounding, but I guess over both products and critically 34 countries, it's not quite as fantastic.

I'm still waiting for those iPhone 5 numbers!

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
Wow, how unfair is life?

It's amazing that all of those people who criticize the Mini (and Apple in general) could find tons of new iPad stock available at their local stores, while those that appreciate the Mini for its positives couldn't find one in stock anywhere?

It must be some kind of phenomenon!

Last edited:

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
:rolleyes: I doubt that. The only ones the best buys here have are a few black 64 GB ones. I have checked apple online inventory NOTHING for hundreds of miles, I have called every Best Buy in a 100 miles, again nothing but a few 64 GB blacks.

I'm curious. How do you check "Apple online inventory"? Walk me through it.

thelem

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2007
Brighton, UK
I've only just realised that they've updated the larger iPad. I assumed "iPad with Retina display" was just a revised name for "the new iPad" because it wasn't the newest. What was wrong with calling them iPad 3 and iPad 4?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Just exactly what would a "blind" person do with an iPad?

I bought a Mini, I love it, and I'm not blind. Grow up!

Easy drama.... read the comment in context. Geez

For the Haters who will hate, you also have blind followers who update no matter what. There is a vast mix of users in the middle.

DVK916

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
I'm curious. How do you check "Apple online inventory"? Walk me through it.

I just checked the store inventory online, you just purchase the product and say you want to pick it up in store, they tell you if the store has any available.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
As I've predicted, the iPad Mini is flopping - and why? For the simple reason that they have NOT released numbers on the split between the Mini and a normal iPad.

I don't think the Mini if flopping. It's the iPad 4 that is flopping. There were stacks of iPad 4s at Best Buy last night and it appears you can readily buy one from Apple with no wait either. I think the Mini is cannibalizing its sales and that the majority of the 3M "iPads" sold were Minis. But they can't release this number because it will sound like nobody wants a regular iPad and sales will go south.

N0ddie

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Glasgow
I don't think the Mini if flopping. It's the iPad 4 that is flopping. There were stacks of iPad 4s at Best Buy last night and it appears you can readily buy one from Apple with no wait either. I think the Mini is cannibalizing its sales and that the majority of the 3M "iPads" sold were Minis. But they can't release this number because it will sound like nobody wants a regular iPad and sales will go south.

I was told on another forum that 2.3 million were minis. Though upon asking for his source he couldn't provide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.