Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stock28

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
When playing sounds or music through my iphone 5, it sounds like only the right speaker on the bottom is working or it is so much louder that I can't hear anything from the left one. Does anyone elses do this?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
When playing sounds or music through my iphone 5, it sounds like only the right speaker on the bottom is working or it is so much louder that I can't hear anything from the left one. Does anyone elses do this?

...there is only one speaker and its on the left

trozau

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Appleland, USA

Other side is a mic. Only one speaker.

stock28

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Sorry, just figured that out. Thanks for the replies though. Feel a little stupid now.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Really? Anyway it's moot. The speakers are so close it makes no difference to the sound.

Well as far as stereo separation you are right, there won't be any, but as far as making difference to the sound, yes it will sound better than a single mono speaker or two mono speakers.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Sorry, just figured that out. Thanks for the replies though. Feel a little stupid now.

No biggie..A few weeks after I bought my first iPhone, a 4S, I was in the car, pulled it out, and the display appeared to have dimmed and lost color accuracy. I started to panic since it was only a few weeks old, and then I realized the problem was that I had my polarized sunglasses on. sheesh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.