Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Really want the Apple' smart cover but I also need some back protection so I decided to get the Griffin Slim Folio for now. It is nice and really slim. The more I look at it, the more am liking it's looks (for $35 and BB rewards plus 4% cash back, not bad) and their slimness together. Thought it's bit too tight or overlaps a tiny bit in the screen (wait until I get that thing out and in more often).

Am using a Targus Versavu case in my iPad 3. I like it for the style and functionality. I almost bought the version for mini but I realized it will add some unnecessary bulk or weight to my mini just like what the other one did for my iPad 3 (just realized this now).

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/de...=Computer_Systems&cp=1&lp=6&pid=1218768191224

Last edited:

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
I bought one yesterday and am still on the fence about it. It is not very good as a stand and some of the cutouts seem a little off. It also seems that the edges on the side of the screen seem to come over the display a little. It also makes touching things on the edge of the screen (like the new tab button in safari) incredibly difficult some times. That said it is pretty slim and has a decent look to it. I have one of those $2 Moko cases coming from amazon today. I will see how they compare when I get home.

iAi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
I actually have the same observations, feelings, issues and reservations. When I think about it, I just like it for the looks and slimness.

Thanks so much (now am pretty sure it's not just me-was waiting for someone to say something about it as I thought I put it wrong or it needs to break-in something) and please do let us know about the Moko cases.

iAi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Why is the Moko so cheap / heavily discounted - what are it's known major flaws / defect?

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Why is the Moko so cheap / heavily discounted - what are it's known major flaws / defect?

I don't know for sure but I think it is because try have a small hole in the back for a rumored but non existent mic. I assumed they were just clearing stock.

iAi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
I don't know for sure but I think it is because try have a small hole in the back for a rumored but non existent mic. I assumed they were just clearing stock.

That hole is the reason why I did not buy the Targus Vuscape. Plus I guess, am going for something different this time with the mini.

BB or Targus stil selling it full price despite that (design) flaw. I don't really mind it but anybody will notice it immediately.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I bought this case and ... well I like that its slim but I hat that the leather surrounding the screen overlaps the screen. The cut outs seem fine but I don't think I really like it enough to keep it. I am interested in the ifrogs TPU case or the Dodo case.

iAi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Most likely I'll return but is there anything similar to this ... the looks, the slimness and with perfect fit / cutouts?

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
After looking through at least 25 different "in stock" cases at US retail. I chose this case. It fits like a glove, and doesn't block any screen portion on mine...

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
Got this case today as it was the only one that bb had that looked decent. I pretty much think its a pos for $35. Ordered the poetic? From amazon for 4.95 shipped.

sealos

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
Bought today, returning tomorrow

Thought it was going to be a good case until I started using it. I couldn't tap on the top nav bar in apps to quickly go to the top of the list. Tapping on buttons in the corners is also difficult.

Will be returning tomorrow and the search continues.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
it feels and fits like it should cost $5 ... tho concept would be great if it had magnets.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Thought it was going to be a good case until I started using it. I couldn't tap on the top nav bar in apps to quickly go to the top of the list. Tapping on buttons in the corners is also difficult.

Will be returning tomorrow and the search continues.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I brought my iPad Mini to Target so I could try before I buy. Griffin's folio had a snug fit and was light in weight but I didn't like how it fit around the edges. The overlap did create problems for me. I tried the other folios, but they were too bulky so I left empty handed. I ended up making my own sleeve and have ordered the BoxWave Apple iPad mini DuoSuit - Slim-Fit Ultra Durable iPad mini TPU Case from Amazon. My iPad Mini will fit in the sleeve with the back cover on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.