Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xanagu

macrumors member
May 28, 2012
Again acting like imbeciles.

Just wait for the judge to force them to put the notice on top and for 90 extra day.
Also, their website must be shutdown until the modification is done

----------

This is an homage to Sir Michael Havers (he of the Spycatcher Trial), Apple is not deliberately hiding anything, it is simply 'being economical with the truth'.

----------

How so? Will someone not buy a new iMac, iPhone, or iPad now?

Yes, you are right sir. Im sure this will bring a new lot of shee...customers :rolleyes:

MikeAK

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
Oh, really. How do you explain the Antennagate, Mobile Me, etc. mess? Jobs has resorted to plenty of antics to prove his points. You people have short memory.

Yeah, I wonder how the company will look in 5 years. It's definitely not the Apple we think it is anymore.

SirDaav

Jun 26, 2010
Win to Apple

Brilliant.
Well played Apple. Well played.

Unbelievable a judge could make a call like that anyway - despite saying Samsung stuff wasn't as cool.

I have no doubt Samsung tried to rip off everything Apple did, the docs proved it in the US trial, maybe not now, but they should be made to squirm a lot longer.

Hopefully Apple can move their supply chain out of Korea asap.

They eat cats and dogs there, even today, that's an awful lot of pets being consumed at Samsung HQ - and that's enough for me to say no Korean electronics. Who cares how many pet restaurants there are in Gangnam - but boiling cats alive and barbecuing dogs? In this day and age?

Repulsive.

MacGit

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, England
What I find most frustrating about this forum and the anti-British sentiment conveyed by many posters (what does the revolution have to do with anything?) is that non of them have actually read the judgements by the High Court and/or Appeal Court.

Most of the judgement has nothing whatsoever to do with what people are complaining about. Apple made a very specific complaint, the Judge went through it line by line in great detail and came to a judgement. That's what we pay them to do. These people are not a bunch of red neck hicks - they are professional lawyers who have worked their way up our legal system to the very top. The Appeal Court has the most respected legal people in the country.

Why do we get the same stupid comments when anyone or anything makes a judgement against a US company. I realise that some of you are high school nerds who spend all day sitting in front of your computer playing war games but don't be a prick all your life. Realise that not everything comes down to US versus the world.

Excellently put.

SirDaav

Jun 26, 2010
UK legal is good?

Excellently put.

Come on you guys, it's the mst cossetted, insular and self serving legal system ever, certainly not unbiased because it is designed to keep people with no money at bay.

Most lawsuits in the uk are only open to those with money, note, not those with merit.

If you want to sue in the UK you cannot get a lawyer to work for any likely payout, that is illegal, and some law suits like libel make the accusing party prove their worth to carry out the suit before beginning, so it's only for the very rich. It stops most people from suing before they even started - they make them prove assets to cover litigation in worst case scenarios - and then covering costs of barristers as an extra expense to a solicitor - and their fees are enormous.

Law is for the people in principle, not the lawyers, not only the rich. The UK got out of that business decades ago.

The seperation of barrister and lawyer? Drives cost through the roof. Tons more examples how they have entrenched exclusivity so they can live off the fat and pay nothing back to society.

The UK is the worst example of any fair legal sytem, sure they are not hicks, they are protected criminals: they use a public system to enrich themselves.

This case proves that - " judge " makes rulings that are anti competitive under EU law - but there's zero repercussion on him making it up as he goes along. Judge can make stupid comments about what he thinks is cool, or great, but then make a competitor basically put an ad on their own website for any product he chooses - anti competitive according to EU, a distortion of free speech and business resources.

It will be 10 years before he is told he is wrong, with zero payback.

The UK is a joke in this regard, I used to live there, the amount of people screwed over by their system is incredible.

Last edited:

unigolyn

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2006
I for one am happy that Apple is remembering their roots and not conforming like sheep to the court after a silly ruling like that.
Bravo Apple.

The irony of you using that ad to support Apple's behavior in this is thick enough to asphyxiate.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

MacGit

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, England
Come on you guys, it's the mst cossetted, insular and self serving legal system ever, certainly not unbiased because it is designed to keep people with no money at bay.

Most lawsuits in the uk are only open to those with money, note, not those with merit.

If you want to sue in the UK you cannot get a lawyer to work for any likely payout, that is illegal, and some law suits like libel make the accusing party prove their worth to carry out the suit before beginning, so it's only for the very rich.

Law is for the people, not the lawyers, not only the rich.

The seperation of barrister and lawyer? Drives cost through the roof. Tons more examples how they have entrenched exclusivity so they can live off the fat and pay nothing back to society.

The UK is the worst example of any fair sytem, sure they are not hicks, they are protected criminals: they use a public system to enrich themselves.

This case proves that - " judge " makes rulings that are anti competitive under EU law - but there's zero repercussion on him making it up as he goes along.

LOL!
In a few paragraphs you have demonstrated, in Technicolor, exactly what Shaun said in his post. Nice one, well done. Case dismissed Your Honour.
You do make us laugh. LOL!

SirDaav

Jun 26, 2010
MacGit

LOL!
In a few paragraphs you have demonstrated, in Technicolor, exactly what Shaun said in his post. Nice one, well done. Case dismissed Your Honour.
You do make us laugh. LOL!

I guess you call yourself Git for valid reason.

What I say does not support the guy at all.

The UK is a farce for anything in the legal industry, it lives only for Beckham libel suits and stolen shots of nude Royals.

Average person doesn't get a look in.

If you think that's fair, then you are truly a Git. Look up the UK meaning if you don't already know.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Can't believe all the congratulatory posts. Apple is not only being childish here, but they are consistantly trying to subvert the court of law in a place where they do business. If Samsung were doing something similar, would there be all this back patting?

To me, Apple's use of loopholes and their general dishonesty in this instance is reshaping how I feel about some of their absurd patent claims, tax avoidance practices, and use of hard labor.

Tax avoidance is nothing new, but it has become more then obvious the company is failing to innovate these day's, and instead litigates.

And yet again, to remind the poor iSheep on here who have forgotten, the whole reason Apple was passed this punishment was due to them being 5 year olds, totally ignoring the ruling of the first trial and publicly stating, in the UK, Samsung DID copy them and breach their patents. That was not acceptable, that was not what the court ruled, that got them in trouble.
And instead of being an adult grown up international multi billion dollar corporation, they behaved like most peoples 5 year olds, even though the judge actually let them off VERY lightly with this punishment over what they could have done to Apple.
I wonder if this is the reason it's shares have taken a hit.

Yeah, what a fantastic image it's set itself :rolleyes: along with those pesky useless DVD drives being removed from all but one of their desktops..... :rolleyes:

MacGit

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, England
Unbelievable a judge could make a call like that anyway - despite saying Samsung stuff wasn't as cool.

I have no doubt Samsung tried to rip off everything Apple did, the docs proved it in the US trial, maybe not now, but they should be made to squirm a lot longer.

Hopefully Apple can move their supply chain out of Korea asap.

They eat cats and dogs there, even today, that's an awful lot of pets being consumed at Samsung HQ - and that's enough for me to say no Korean electronics. Who cares how many pet restaurants there are in Gangnam - but boiling cats alive and barbecuing dogs? In this day and age?

Repulsive.

Actually it's not that bad - last time I was in Texas that sort of stuff was regularly on the menu in some of the best restaurants. We felt it was way too tacky, but the locals seemed to like it.
When they ran out of meat balls and beans we had to try the catburgers and they were better than a McDonald's to be honest.
YMMV

MacGit

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, England
I guess you call yourself Git for valid reason.

What I say does not support the guy at all.

The UK is a farce for anything in the legal industry, it lives only for Beckham libel suits and stolen shots of nude Royals.

Average person doesn't get a look in.

If you think that's fair, then you are truly a Git. Look up the UK meaning if you don't already know.
Why thank you so much! I do indeed know what a Git is and I have no need to look it up in the Dictionary. It is an honour to be a Git - a Mac Git. I guess you have no idea the true meaning of what a Mac Git is? No, I thought not.
No surprise there though eh? LOL!

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!

If you want to sue in the UK you cannot get a lawyer to work for any likely payout, that is illegal, and some law suits like libel make the accusing party prove their worth to carry out the suit before beginning, so it's only for the very rich. It stops most people from suing before they even started - they make them prove assets to cover litigation in worst case scenarios - and then covering costs of barristers as an extra expense to a solicitor - and their fees are enormous.

Law is for the people in principle, not the lawyers, not only the rich. The UK got out of that business decades ago.

The UK is the worst example of any fair legal sytem, sure they are not hicks, they are protected criminals: they use a public system to enrich themselves.

This case proves that - " judge " makes rulings that are anti competitive under EU law - but there's zero repercussion on him making it up as he goes along. Judge can make stupid comments about what he thinks is cool, or great, but then make a competitor basically put an ad on their own website for any product he chooses - anti competitive according to EU, a distortion of free speech and business resources.

The UK is a joke in this regard, I used to live there, the amount of people screwed over by their system is incredible.

We do not 'sue' in the UK because we grew up and advanced and evolved LONG ago beyond that pathetic childish behaviour. We don't find it intelligent to be able to sue McDonalds because their hot coffee burnt us whilst we were driving and drinking it, because funnily enough we are able to recognise that as a major danger to driving and thus it is illegal to do the act.

In America no doubt you sue someone for farting in a lift... yeah, intelligent sign of a legal system if their ever was one, along with the utterly corrupt patent system.
Seriously, you may as well just put each other in a ring and play pretend wrestling for all the good the legal system does you.

Portaluk

Oct 10, 2009
England
Is there a competition for the most uninformed post?

I'm afraid not as it would take literally months to go through all the entries.

It still amazes me how SOME people can make such emotionally powerfully statements and have such strong opinions without actually having any clue about the ruling or the UK legal system.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Can't believe all the congratulatory posts. Apple is not only being childish here, but they are consistantly trying to subvert the court of law in a place where they do business. If Samsung were doing something similar, would there be all this back patting?

To me, Apple's use of loopholes and their general dishonesty in this instance is reshaping how I feel about some of their absurd patent claims, tax avoidance practices, and use of hard labor.

If the shoe was on the other foot samsung fanboys would be doing exactly the same!

Your other claims make me laugh. Every business uses the same loopholes, tax avoidance and labour practices it's how you get your devices so cheap! If you want to avoid any kid of slave labour you better walk around naked and grow your own veg to eat!

reefoid

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2011
UK
Apple didn't break any laws - they tried to sue and lost. Your favoured judge wants apple to stop making accusations.

You might as well leave this thread now as your very first statement is false. Apple didn't sue, Samsung brought the case.

And it was going so well for you:rolleyes:

SirDaav

Jun 26, 2010
Finnicky detail

You might as well leave this thread now as your very first statement is false. Apple didn't sue, Samsung brought the case.

And it was going so well for you:rolleyes:

So i got the who brought the case wrong.... Lol

Who cares? It's not the case semantics the anyone discusses, it's the 'judge' being a moron.

Apple not found guilty of nothing, the damages are punitive. That's all

The judge was a moron so we are all laughing...

Yeah it is going well for me, I don't live in a third world country and I do know you're a pot calling the kettle black...

But just admit it, the punitive judge ruling was ridiculous... He's an idiot.

That is why the whole world is laughing.

Just admit that one last point... Go on, just admit, like the entire planet, that it wasn't just odd, it was stupid, and then I won't need banned at all...

Gawd bless Apple for highlighting how the UK legal system is a bunch of bollocks.

----------

What on earth's happened to this thread? I leave it for two hours and all hell breaks loose:p

SirDaav, thank you very much. You've come out with a crock full of crap, but you've made me laugh.

And yes, I'm from the UK.

Keep it coming, we've got thick skin over here and like a good laugh on a Monday evening.

Anything to help you through your lean war time years.... Anything at all :)

You gotta admit though, the 'judge' is a moron.... Be honest.

----------

Good grief. Collectors edition macbook pro????

The UK will make Apple take out an ad... They made a million of them.....

----------

If the shoe was on the other foot samsung fanboys would be doing exactly the same!

Your other claims make me laugh. Every business uses the same loopholes, tax avoidance and labour practices it's how you get your devices so cheap! If you want to avoid any kid of slave labour you better walk around naked and grow your own veg to eat!

Its always one sided when it comes to hating Apple.

Makes for fun though, brings the idiots out, which is good for a laugh...

Last edited:

RiverCitySlim

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
So i got the who brought the case wrong.... Lol

Who cares? It's not the case semantics the anyone discusses, it's the 'judge' being a moron.

Apple not found guilty of nothing, the damages are punitive. That's all

The judge was a moron so we are all laughing...

Yeah it is going well for me, I don't live in a third world country and I do know you're a pot calling the kettle black...

But just admit it, the punitive judge ruling was ridiculous... He's an idiot.

That is why the whole world is laughing.

Just admit that one last point... Go on, just admit, like the entire planet, that it wasn't just odd, it was stupid, and then I won't need banned at all...

Gawd bless Apple for highlighting how the UK legal system is a bunch of bollocks.

----------

Anything to help you through your lean war time years.... Anything at all :)

You gotta admit though, the 'judge' is a moron.... Be honest.

----------

Good grief. Collectors edition macbook pro????

The UK will make Apple take out an ad... They made a million of them.....

----------

Its always one sided when it comes to hating Apple.

Makes for fun though, brings the idiots out, which is good for a laugh...

You sir are brilliant. You have the satire perfected. I can almost see the line of people waiting for their coffee as this character you have created stands behind the counter tapping away at his iPad composing these posts blissfully unaware of the reality around him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.