Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
Hopefully they'll fix the gaming performance under Mountain Lion, because from what I've gathered on other threads in the Gaming section of the forum and on the Lion and Mountain Lion sections of the forum, 10.7 Lion is superior to Mountain Lion for gaming.

How could Apple screw that up?

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Perhaps with the new "ship it when it's ready" philosophy we won't be getting the Annual Cat and we might actually make it to 10.8.8 before 10.9.0 upsets everything again.

I personally dont think, there won't be 10.9 sometimes next year, nobody knows but Apple.

Wreckie

macrumors regular
May 9, 2011
Just wondering what iMac you have? is it the one with the seagate HD or the WD HD? i see apple extended the warranty for HD replacement for those imacs with the seagate HD.
I got my iMac last Dec and it was actually made in Dec 2011 as well and noticed when i looked the other day it has the WD HD - wonders if apple noticed there was issue and switched HD in its iMac line. I am about to update to X.8 but considering waiting till 10.8.3

I have seagate drive, 2011 iMac, but last time I checked it did not qualify for program.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Apple already stated that they are going to release new OS every year like iOS. :/
Hugh

And so I'm a bit worried we will be getting half-baked OSes and iOSes every year :S

Maniraja

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012
Battery Life

Up to the day I installed ML battery life 7 to 8 hours no sweat. Day I installed ML to now still less than three hours doing the same stuff. Guess what I hope will be included in 10.8.3

Truffy

macrumors 6502a
facebook and twitter integration was a big update.
That's a matter of personal opinion, not one that everyone shares.

Oh, and I'd like a fix for the annoying 'bug'* in Safari which means that the scrollbar disappears when not scrolling. Some of us use that as an indicator of how far we are into a document.

* Yes, I realise that it's a design 'feature'. But it's wrong.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003

Well, it was an addition of features as opposed to bug fixes. Whether a particular change is "major" is always going to be a matter of personal opinion.

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden

Oh, and I'd like a fix for the annoying 'bug'* in Safari which means that the scrollbar disappears when not scrolling. Some of us use that as an indicator of how far we are into a document.

You do know that you can enable/disable that in System Preferences?

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth

It's not wrong. With a trackpad and gestures there's little reason to need to drag a tiny bar on the left side of the screen.

"But I only want to see where I am scrolled in the document nuk."

Fine...tap the trackpad with two fingers and the scroll bar appears in MT showing you where you are in the document.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Will this fix freezes? I've had 2 freezes since Mountain Lion first came out.
Most definitely. All generic lockups will be fixed to be sure because it's probably a single line of code causing all Macs worldwide to freeze up. Never mind the plethora of other applications people are running.

Seriously dude... how vague can one get?

Jenni8

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2011
CA
Checked, not qualifying.

Bought July 2011, 1TB Seagate drive.

I read somewhere that some people are being as listed under their serial as owning a WD HD when in fact they had a seagate that Did qualify. You should check your seagate model number just to be safe. I got mine same time as you and now I suffer with no computer for now as apple currently has it.

Truffy

macrumors 6502a
You do know that you can enable/disable that in System Preferences?
No, I didn't know that. Thank you!
It's not wrong. With a trackpad and gestures there's little reason to need to drag a tiny bar on the left side of the screen.
There's no need with a magic mouse (or whatever it's called), but that's not the point. It's an indicator, like I said.
"But I only want to see where I am scrolled in the document nuk."

Fine...tap the trackpad with two fingers and the scroll bar appears in MT showing you where you are in the document.
Fortunately, Sound214 was more helpful.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Nine days after the invite and still no release. Usually it's within a day or two. Maybe they found an issue too major even for a beta that's holding it up?

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Nine days after the invite and still no release. Usually it's within a day or two. Maybe they found an issue too major even for a beta that's holding it up?

Seems they were a bit quick to send out the invites.....

Kyla Laffoon said:
OS X Mountain Lion Software Update News
Thanks for accepting our invitation to test OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3. The invites were sent out a little too early! We are working hard to provide you with a seed build soon, but we wanted to let you know that you have not missed any seed announcements. Please enjoy the USA Thanksgiving holiday! The Seed Team will be enjoying a break as well. Look for more information about the 10.8.3 seed during the week of November 26th.

Thanks for your patience!

- Kyla

Kyla Laffoon
Apple Software Customer Seeding

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Maybe it's part of the new policy to "ship when ready" rather than ship on a schedule?

This is a beta. By definition it's something that ships before it's ready.

And they were quick to send out the invites, if they didn't have a beta for testing there's no reason to send the invites that early.

Anyway, the beta is out now so it's a moot point.

SirYossi

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
Penfield
Checked, not qualifying.

Bought July 2011, 1TB Seagate drive.

If you have apple replace it keep your papers it is a matter of time that all seagate HD are replaced. Run the serial number to see when the computer was built. When it was sold and built are two different things. You could buy the computer in Aug but it was built in April thus having a faulty HD. Go to apple with date of manufacture and show them that. Computers can sit in stores or warehouses for months before they are sold. I would not give up - did you get apple care with it? I think they switched to the WD HD sometime in Aug or Sept 2011. I got mine in Dec 2011 from apple refurb store and ran the serial number and it told me mine was built the week before - could not figure out why such a new imac then i noticed a small overbuffing blemish on the stand - that blemish that can be covered saved me $300 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.