Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bilalafzal

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Crap update ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 123

bdude52

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Whoops, had a bit of a blonde moment there, I mean this error:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 83

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
I rolled back to 5.0 with iTunes it works

no way in hell I'm updating

people that say it works can you log out and log back in?

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
+1

same problem. I can log into the the we browser version fine. The only reason I logged out is because after the update I could not scroll down the timeline very far. It would just stop loading. Fail.

Rydan1

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Facebook update to 5.1

I have just updated Facebook 5.1 on my iPad and then signed out. Comes up with error message for single sign on when i try to sign in again. Tried again and still not working. Any ideas on how to sort this please?

----------

same problem. I can log into the the we browser version fine. The only reason I logged out is because after the update I could not scroll down the timeline very far. It would just stop loading. Fail.

Same as me. So frustrating

----------

I rolled back to 5.0 with iTunes it works

no way in hell I'm updating

people that say it works can you log out and log back in?

How do you do that on iPad3?

----------

How to roll back on itune?

How you go back to old version on the ipad3?

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
how to roll back to facebook 5.0

don't update the app on iTunes just delete 5.1 from your idevice then plug in to computer and sync, you'll notice fb won't be synced now go to the app tabs in iTunes and select FACEBOOk then sync and voila you'll get 5.0

if you updated the app through iTunes your screwed

aekl

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Damn!

Both me and my wife use facebook only on iPhone. We both have iPhone 5 + IOS 6.01. Mine worked, her's didn't. I'd prefer her's worked because the ammount of crap I'm getting right now..... :eek:

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Fixed it.

I went to the facebook settings in iOS 6 and retyped my password. It verified with the check marks and now i can log in.

----------

The problem still remains that I cannot scroll down through more then a couple of hours worth of posts then it stops loading :(

Rydan1

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
I went to the facebook settings in iOS 6 and retyped my password. It verified with the check marks and now i can log in.

----------

The problem still remains that I cannot scroll down through more then a couple of hours worth of posts then it stops loading :(

How do you do that?

bdude52

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Mine just started working now! I forced closed it in the task bar, and then went into it, clicked the single sign on button and it worked from there

hichaelmart

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
After having problems for the last hour or so, I just tried again and it works for me now too.

Perhaps the Facebook servers are having intermittent issues?

ggt

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
UK

----------

This let me login but the news feed just asks me to add friends to see their photos and posts :/

bdude52

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012

Mine lets me log into the app now, but I can scroll more than 4 posts down the timeline before it just sits there 'loading'. This is indeed a fail. :confused:

Come on Facebook? Really, try a bit harder.

mklo

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2010
OK. I shutdown FB app (double hit home and hit x on app), reopen it, and re-sign in. Now it works.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Try "show top stories" in news feed and see how far you can scroll down. I can only go back a couple of hours and that's all it will load. Web browser is fine. leave it to Facebook to jack this up.

yemili

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Problem solved.
Settings--facebook---account--

----------

[/COLOR]The problem still remains that I cannot scroll down through more then a couple of hours worth of posts then it stops loading :([/QUOTE]

hichaelmart

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Mine lets me log into the app now, but I can scroll more than 4 posts down the timeline before it just sits there 'loading'. This is indeed a fail. :confused:

I can see the same issue. Can login fine now (didn't need to restart the app or anything) - but can't scroll more than a few posts.

bdude52

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Really? I'm over this Facebook app

I'm pretty sure I have some Facebook friends....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 76

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
I can't view news feeds. Only a blank white page to add friends. Can't even select existing friends. Gotta search for them all. Pathetic. How many billions is Suckerberg worth and he can't even get a half decent iPhone app out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.