Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
...for the third time, with the same logic board malfunction which is common knowledge with this model. Anyone know of a more efficient way to go about it other than:
1-call AppleCare at the 1-800 number
2-describe problem and request box to be sent to us.
3-wait for box to come, pack and resent to Apple at the drop sight
4-Hope they replace the logic board, repair the CD tray and use some better resin that what's reportedly caused the older logic board failure?
Thanks
X

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
ChrisFromCanada said:
Wait until you have to do it 3 times, raise a little hell on the phone and get a brand new G4 ibook.

I could readily go for your second and third points. Customer loyalty and reward seem to be a wanning practice. Thanks for spending a comment on us.
X

staticdisaster

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2005
McAllen, TX
My aunt's 2 year old iBook G3 w/Applecare last week had a logic board failure for the 4th time. My aunt complained loud enuff this time around and now Apple's going to send a new laptop (one of the ones released just yesterday!).

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
staticdisaster said:
My aunt's 2 year old iBook G3 w/Applecare last week had a logic board failure for the 4th time. My aunt complained loud enuff this time around and now Apple's going to send a new laptop (one of the ones released just yesterday!).

Ooooo. Nice upgrade!

Hehe, if someone didn't know that they would just replace it, I can see the call:
"Hey, AppleCare? My iBook is SOO much faster now! What did you do to it?"

:p

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I can only sympathize i'm afraid. My G4 iBook went back to Apple yesterday because of a problem with the screen that they didn't fix the last time that it went back. The first time I had it repaired (they replaced the logic board) I had to deliver and collect it myself because they weren't running the collection program then.....that was a 200 mile round trip! It has the same problem but only worse so I wasted my time and petrol that first time. I'll kick up a fuss big time if they don't correct the problem this time around.

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
ChrisFromCanada said:
Wait until you have to do it 3 times, raise a little hell on the phone and get a brand new G4 ibook.

Here in Austria the manufacturer gets 2 chances to fix the problem. If the same problem occurs a 3rd time, you can demand that they give you your money back (if the product is still under warranty, of course).

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
staticdisaster said:

Wow...makes me wish I had gotten AppleCare on my rev a PB when I bought it 2 years ago. Can you imagine going from a 867mhz PB to a 1.5ghz PB!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.