Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmflo571

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
Update to my order:

Ordered over the phone at full retail for a black 32gb on 10/24. My AMEX was charged on Friday. Just received an email a minute ago that my order was shipped and will be arriving at my work on Wednesday.

I'm located in Southern California if that matters to anyone.

Same here, arrives 11/7. i was worried that there was going to be a delay, but recieving a week earlier is really good news.

hecalder

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
International Falls, MN
now less than 12 days to expected delivery!

:p
Ordered on 10/21/2012 assuming 16gb blacks x2 it should ship by the 16th of Nov. And all iphone5's regardless of gbs have the 16th any orders placed latest today. on foward will be after the 21st of November... So average is 20-22 days from day of order. :apple:
anyone that ordered on the the 10/21 or later have any new updates? :confused::D

----------

:p
anyone that ordered on the the 10/21 or later have any new updates? :confused::D
Just looked at Verizon online and anyone ordering today still has a will ship by the 16th of nov.. so wondering if maybe we will get ours earlier since it was 10/21... hope I do not get bumped.. I will be happy if I get it by the 12th at my door.. ;):cool:

tvith

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
I ordered mine 10/25 @ night on Verizon's website and had a "will ship by 11/16" and today I got an email from verizon with a tracking number from FedEx stating that my phone will be here on 11/7...on my birthday, lol.
I was really shocked that it's arriving over a week early as everyone had to wait later than their expected date. I'm assuming Verizon just got a shipment from apple.

BTW, I live in NY

Jason99kr

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2008
Seattle, WA, USA
I ordered mine 10/25 @ night on Verizon's website and had a "will ship by 11/16" and today I got an email from verizon with a tracking number from FedEx stating that my phone will be here on 11/7...on my birthday, lol.
I was really shocked that it's arriving over a week early as everyone had to wait later than their expected date. I'm assuming Verizon just got a shipment from apple.

BTW, I live in NY

Good to hear! I ordered it on 10/25 through VZW.com 16gb black
no update message on vzw for now.. hopefully I will get shipping email soon :D

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
My phone will be here tomorrow! Its been in transit from Newark, NJ since Saturday so I guess it's going nonstop to Maine :D

jdstoddard

macrumors member
May 27, 2003
USA
Just throwing my hat into the ring here, ordered 1 16GB black and 1 16GB white on the 31st. Shipping is 11/16. Noticed that it is still there today, perhaps Apple is finally catching up?

tvith

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
I wonder if it's the 16gb models that are being delayed. Since that's the model that majority of people are buying. Mine is 32gb.

Notjaykay

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Ordered a 32gb black model via the website on 10/27 with a ship by date of 11/16. When checking the preorder status site, mine has now switched from "we received your order" to the text box with tracking info missing.

The other vzw status site shows it as "your order has been sent for processing"

Edit: I also have a pending charge on my credit card from VZW.

Last edited:

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Grrrrr! It looks like several of us ordered on 10/25. I ordered late that night on the website with an expected ship by date of 11/16. I have a pending charge on my card since Friday but it hasn't actually posted to the card yet. Since 10/25 the Verizon site had just shown that I was processing, now it shows this:
Order Status
Here is the status of your order.

Order Number: 1625127
Tracking Number:
Courier :
Ship Date:

That's it, no in process or processing or pending or anything useful, just an order number and the same ship by date that was there the day I placed the order. Since my card was hit Friday I was hoping for something to show today. :confused:
BTW, I ordered a 64GB white phone directly from verizonwireless.com and I live in Asheville, NC. The suspense is killing me! I had been trying for a reservation in an apple store since I was traveling to Nashville over the weekend but since my card was pinged on Friday I couldn't even do that. Hoping for good news soon but not holding my breath. :(

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Grrrrr! It looks like several of us ordered on 10/25. I ordered late that night on the website with an expected ship by date of 11/16. I have a pending charge on my card since Friday but it hasn't actually posted to the card yet. Since 10/25 the Verizon site had just shown that I was processing, now it shows this:
Order Status
Here is the status of your order.

Order Number: 1625127
Tracking Number:
Courier :
Ship Date:

That's it, no in process or processing or pending or anything useful, just an order number and the same ship by date that was there the day I placed the order. Since my card was hit Friday I was hoping for something to show today. :confused:
BTW, I ordered a 64GB white phone directly from verizonwireless.com and I live in Asheville, NC. The suspense is killing me! I had been trying for a reservation in an apple store since I was traveling to Nashville over the weekend but since my card was pinged on Friday I couldn't even do that. Hoping for good news soon but not holding my breath. :(

That is the best you are going to get with verizon.

so far most of the verizon orders have come on-time but not early.

----------

Ordered Verizon iPhone 5 Black 16GB in stores around 7PM on 10/18. I received a shipment notification email today(11/4) at 2:19PM.

Fedex still hasn't updated the info on where it's shipping out of yet. The original estimated ship date was 11/09. Quite frankly I'm stoked that it's earlier than expected.. I was about to go crazy constantly checking my email every couple of hours daily....:eek:

I'm in Wilmington, NC.

Nice...running one week early.

Vice92

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2009
Update: Order White 32GB from Verizon website on 10/26. Card was charged last friday, the 2nd, and I just received tracking information. It'll be here on Wednesday!

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Woo hoo! Just got my shipment notification at 2:50 pm, 7 minutes ago. Expected delivery is Wednesday. Unfortunately, it will probably be delivered while I'm at work. Because I am switching from AT&T to Verizon, they would only ship to my billing address and not my work address so hopefully I can figure out a way to get it Wednesday. If not, I'll be driving to the FedEx depot on Thursday. Not ideal but better than nothing, and it's over a week early! Hope everyone else gets similar news!

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Got my email from the credit card I used that it was charged today but Verizon's website still shows nothing for shipping. Ordered 10/21 with expected shipping by 11/16.

cowbellallen

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
Ordered 10/28, with estimated ship date of 11/16.

Today is 11/5 and it has been shipped via FedEx. Wasn't expecting it for another 2 weeks, so I have to say I'm pretty happy!

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Has anyone had luck getting the shipment changed from their billing address to a different address? I wanted it shipped to my office because I live in an apartment. My Verizon rep told me that I could just call FedEx once I got a shipping number and they could change it to my office address. FedEx is saying that they can't do that, the address change has to come from Verizon. WTF? I really don't want to spend forever on the phone trying to deal with this but I also don't want the stupid FedEx driver leaving my package at the apartment office because I don't trust them to not give my package to someone else (it's happened, the employees at my apartment complex are terrible). Then I thought okay, I'll be able to just get them to hold it at the FedEx facility. Nope, the link in the tracking shows that my package isn't eligible for that service. Ugh!

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
May 29, 2012
I ordered a 32 black and 16 white on 10/26 and mine still says "we received your order and its in process". Im hoping that mine come early like everyone that ordered around my time.

Cygnus311

macrumors regular
May 6, 2006
Ordered 10/28, with estimated ship date of 11/16.

Today is 11/5 and it has been shipped via FedEx. Wasn't expecting it for another 2 weeks, so I have to say I'm pretty happy!

5 days later than me. This all seems totally random.

Last edited:

HenryBishop

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
New York
Also, to add... My debit card was finally charged and the money withdrawn so hopefully, regarding what I read from others, I should have mine delivered to my Brooklyn apartment on Friday! Thank God I'm working from home Wednesday, Thursday and Friday!

It was a white 16GB.

BBtoIP5

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
Has anyone had luck getting the shipment changed from their billing address to a different address? I wanted it shipped to my office because I live in an apartment. My Verizon rep told me that I could just call FedEx once I got a shipping number and they could change it to my office address. FedEx is saying that they can't do that, the address change has to come from Verizon. WTF? I really don't want to spend forever on the phone trying to deal with this but I also don't want the stupid FedEx driver leaving my package at the apartment office because I don't trust them to not give my package to someone else (it's happened, the employees at my apartment complex are terrible). Then I thought okay, I'll be able to just get them to hold it at the FedEx facility. Nope, the link in the tracking shows that my package isn't eligible for that service. Ugh!

I have the same problem. I ordered my phone online through Verizon, but my apt # kept being removed from the address. I placed the order and called Verizon and Fedex to add my apartment number. Fedex told me that Verizon needed to make the change. Verizon told me that it could not be changed until I received a tracking number.

If you have a tracking number, call Verizon at 1-866-338-7390 ASAP! Let me know if you change your address, because as I said, I have the same problem!

BBtoIP5

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
I have the same problem. I ordered my phone online through Verizon, but my apt # kept being removed from the address. I placed the order and called Verizon and Fedex to add my apartment number. Fedex told me that Verizon needed to make the change. Verizon told me that it could not be changed until I received a tracking number.

If you have a tracking number, call Verizon at 1-866-338-7390 ASAP! Let me know if you change your address, because as I said, I have the same problem!

I saw that my credit card has been charged! I called Verizon right away, and they were able to make the shipping address change for me! I will still call Fedex as soon as I have the tracking # just to make sure.

The lady from Verizon said my phone should be shipped in the next few days! I ordered a black 32 gig on Oct30, with estimated delivery date Nov16. Looks like I should get it ahead of schedule.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.