Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timhet

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2010
The only thing you can do is use the BTO option prices of the MBPs etc as a guide.

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
Not everywhere in the US has sales tax. So prices don't reflect tax.

Yeah, Portland is a great place for shopping... not sure about anything else though! Hazzah! I'm joking Portlandians! Although your strippies and weather are utter rubbish. Seriously, neighborhood strippies? There's just something odd about that.

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, Portland is a great place for shopping... not sure about anything else though! Hazzah! I'm joking Portlandians! Although your strippies and weather are utter rubbish. Seriously, neighborhood strippies? There's just something odd about that.

What's a strippie?

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
What's a strippie?

The greatest question every asked on Macrumors!!!!

A place of wonder... or horror - depending which one you happen upon.
Check google.

Back on topic!

I get the feeling that Japan is actually one of the cheapest countries around for buying Macs.
It never used to be that way. Well done Apple Japan.

LakeCountry

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2011
Apple on Campus - Germany

12% off, as it always was.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-11-03 um 23-1.35.10.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-11-03 um 23-1.35.10.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 122

Heresiarch

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2012
Netherlands
Netherlands' price was out for quite a while. And it's expensive :( €100 more than Germany!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-06 at 12.28.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-06 at 12.28.11 PM.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 84

seniorchang

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2012
How did you get the price of 1187€?
My education price is 1268€!

I don't know if it's the same in other countries, but here in Germany you have two different kind of edu discounts. First, the "educational discount" anyone can access through the apple page by confirming that he's a student/teacher
and second the "Apple on Campus Store". The latter is a cooperation by apple with a lot of universities, which gives students/profs an extra discount, so it's even cheaper than the edu store.

Apple on campus store can usually only be accessed through a university login.

Just google "apple on campus *university name*" to see if your uni participates.

or search here:
http://www.apple.com/de/aoc/

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
I don't know if it's the same in other countries, but here in Germany you have two different kind of edu discounts. First, the "educational discount" anyone can access through the apple page by confirming that he's a student/teacher
and second the "Apple on Campus Store". The latter is a cooperation by apple with a lot of universities, which gives students/profs an extra discount, so it's even cheaper than the edu store.

Just google "apple on campus *university name*" to see if your uni participates.

or search here:

Thank you! I didn't know about AOC! My girlfriend might be able to make me save a few euros! :D

Just to make sure: you can BTO on the AOC Store right?

LakeCountry

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2011
Thank you! I didn't know about AOC! My girlfriend might be able to make me save a few euros! :D

Just to make sure: you can BTO on the AOC Store right?

Yes, I did that before. You can either order via the Apple on Campus online stores which you can access from many universities' intranets or via the standard apple hotline which I did. There you can configure your Mac and they give you instructions on how to send in a copy of your student ID. They often even give you the 12% student discount if your university is not listed at http://www.apple.com/de/aoc/

garrize

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Paris, France
Yes, I did that before. You can either order via the Apple on Campus online stores which you can access from many universities' intranets or via the standard apple hotline which I did. There you can configure your Mac and they give you instructions on how to send in a copy of your student ID. They often even give you the 12% student discount if your university is not listed at http://www.apple.com/de/aoc/

Cool! Thanks.

Now all we need is a release date...

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway

or search here:

We got something similar here as well.

Instead of the 6% discount, we get a 10% discount on the iMac.

MilksBrilliant

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
I get the feeling that Japan is actually one of the cheapest countries around for buying Macs.
It never used to be that way. Well done Apple Japan.

Japan's consumption tax is, at present, only 5%. Perhaps giving some apple products the assumption they are better value here in Japan over their European counterparts who pay substantially higher consumption tax.

Unfortunately, this may change in the near future as the consumption tax is slowly raised to 10%.

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
The Apple High Education discount in UK is no longer visible, could someone with campus access post the High Edu discount?
thanks

benjaminfoden

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
The Apple High Education discount in UK is no longer visible, could someone with campus access post the High Edu discount?
thanks

It is dependent on whether your education establishment has an agreement with Apple to provide such a discount in the UK. It is not available everywhere, and in establishments with these agreements they generally get better discount.

The prices visible to me are:
21.5" 2.7GHz = £967.20
21.5" 2.9GHz = £1099.20
27" 2.9GHz = £1318.80
27" 3.2GHz = £1495.20

I hope that helps, they're the stock models with 21.5" showing a 3-4 week lead time and 27" showing 4-6 week lead time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.