Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SgtP3pp3r

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Honduras
I dont understand what went wrong. I've been using iTunes match for several months now, and everything had been working beautifully. But recently it all went to the crapper.

I was on the road and wanted to listen to some music on my device, and not on the cloud, (to save on 3g) so i decided to turn off itunes match for a spell, and so i did and all was well.

But, when i tried to turn it back on, on the road trip back a big cloud icon with a loading bar came up and it started trying to do god knows what over the 3g network, and in a span of an hour had consumed about half of my data plan for the month... so i promptly turned it off and decided to turn it back on when i reached a wifi connection.

When i finally had a wifi connection i tried turning it back on and it went on doing its thing. The big cloud icon with the loading bar came up, and it started slowly filling up. I left it alone to work overnight, however the next morning, as i tried to access my workout playlists the big cloud icon with the loading bar came back. But this time, nothing loaded. The bar stayed empty. The icon stayed on screen for about 2mins, and then went away, and all my songs *appear* to be there, but sans playlists.

This happens every mother loving time i turn the music app on. Uber annoyed.

Big cloud icon for 2mins (the whole app is unresponsive during this time, and if the phone goes to sleep i have to unlock it and the process starts anew); when the icon goes away im left with no playlists.

In fact ive tried creating playlists on my phone just to see if this *triggers* syncing again, but after the cloud icon goes away no playlists are shown. Not even the ones i create on the phone!

What the heck man...

I've tried turning match off and then on several mother loving times, to no avail. I'm short on ideas, and my patience is growing thin. Anyone experienced this problem or have any idea how to fix this before i fling my phone against a wall?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.