Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gallinger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Canada
No no, sry i wasnt clear enough, This is JUST the battery on the screen with a small Lightening bold UNDER it. its weird anyone? Just a black screen with this on it......

muradc

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
I'm having the exact same problem. I left the phone plugged in for 12hrs. Still the battery icon is red & the phone doesn't start. When I press the power button it doesn't start either.

I even plugged it into my iMac but I dont see it showing up on itunes. Is the battery completely dead or is there a way to get the phone up & running?

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I'm having the exact same problem. I left the phone plugged in for 12hrs. Still the battery icon is red & the phone doesn't start. When I press the power button it doesn't start either.

I even plugged it into my iMac but I dont see it showing up on itunes. Is the battery completely dead or is there a way to get the phone up & running?

Probably need to restore it. Hold the home button while plugging the phone into your computer. Don't let go until iTunes pops up with a message saying "Phone detected in recovery mode"

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa

Does it chirp when you plug it in? If not, could be bad charging cable or bad port. Hope it's a bad cable...

Ricky Smith

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2006
Boston, MA
If the lightning bolt doesn't show up under the battery it's not charging.

If it shows the battery with a plug symbol it's saying you need to plug it in

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.