Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
here's the skinny:

i had a 4s & it worked great in the mall food court, near where i work.
(meaning i got a good 3G signal & could use my phone)

now i have the 5...and while in the same food court...i get NO SERVICE....none...zip..zilch...nada. No LTE, no 3G, no edge..nothing.

i asked the rogers people that work in the same mall and they said, yeah LTE is new & spotty , and we haven't got service there ever. kind of hard to believe when my 4s worked there for over a year. and my 3gs worked fine before that.

i talked to others that work in the mall and their phones are fine.

....thoughts???

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
here's the skinny:

now i have the 5...and while in the same food court...i get NO SERVICE....none...zip..zilch...nada. No LTE, no 3G, no edge..nothing.

i asked the rogers people that work in the same mall and they said, yeah LTE is new & spotty , and we haven't got service there ever. kind of hard to believe when my 4s worked there for over a year. and my 3gs worked fine before that.

....thoughts???

Have you manually tried switching to 3G? Settings, general, turn enable LTE off? Have you tried general, reset, reset network settings?

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
here's the skinny:

....thoughts???

Something is wrong with your phone. If you were getting 3G before you should be getting it now. If not, your phone is the problem.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
It's the phone. My first iPhone 5 had connectivity problems both in & outside of strong LTE areas. The replacement I was given was just fine.

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
Have you manually tried switching to 3G? Settings, general, turn enable LTE off? Have you tried general, reset, reset network settings?

I have tried the manual switch from LTE to 3G.

I'll try to rest the network settings, thanks!

----------

It's the phone. My first iPhone 5 had connectivity problems both in & outside of strong LTE areas. The replacement I was given was just fine.

I have a genius appointment made. Really hope I dont have to swap it out cause this would be my second swap.

*SIGH*

I never had issues like this with any other iPhone.

Thanks for your feedback !:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.