Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
No, but it looks like it lol. j/k I actually think it looks kinda cool. But, I don't need another iPod right now. Not until the minis are up in the 8gb range or so.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
The paintjob on the scroll wheel alone would make me not want this thing. Who knows how good this person was in taking apart the ipod and painting the wheel. The thing could have heat issues, usability issues(might not register your fingers), and hardware issues because who knows what the hell else this kid did. I see what he was going for but I would not pay anywhere near what a new ipod costs to get this thing.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
It's not bad for a home-job, but I sure wouldn't pay very much for it. Also, if it's never been used, why is it the black & white screen? How long did it take this guy to do the paint job? Or did he just wipe his iPod, paint it to hide use marks, and try to sell it off so he can upgrade?

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
You'd have to pair this with some black JBL Creature IIs wouldnt you :D

Either that or a decent subwookie.. heh haha see what i did the... oh alright it was a bad joke..

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
stridey said:
It's not bad for a home-job, but I sure wouldn't pay very much for it. Also, if it's never been used, why is it the black & white screen? How long did it take this guy to do the paint job? Or did he just wipe his iPod, paint it to hide use marks, and try to sell it off so he can upgrade?

That's a lot of work for a sell-quick scam. That said - dang that thing is nasty.

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
What a Darth Pod should look like.

Attachments

• carbon.jpg
    carbon.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 83

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Although I realy question the quality of the paint job, etc., I'm still surprised no one has bid on it, knowing how hardcore some Star Wars fans get!

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
That is flat stupid. Wouldn't it be easy to print out one of those custom HP skins with a picture of Darth Vader on it? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.