Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Subjugator

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Here's another view. I like that they kept all around front but took out the little holes around the speaker that didn't really line up with the iPhone holes. Also, at least from the photos, I'm not seeing the obtrusive logo on the back.

This is a great company that listens to what their customers want.

That looks like 2 different cases. The top ones have volume buttons. The bottom one does not

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I actually received this Noot case (see my earlier post) today and once agin another hit from Noot. I got the white one with the opaque matte back. Now I don't know which Noot I like better, the all white soft touch slim case or this one which has a shinier glossy bumper attached to the opaque matte clear back. This case has a great fit, goes all around the bevel but doesn't interfere with a screen protector. The buttons are covered with this case like the solid cover case. However the bumper material is harder so the buttons are fine but not as flexible as with the solid white case. I do like the bottom section of this new case which goes uniformly around the bottom edge but leaves the speakers wide open.

I love this Noot company. They offer great slim cases that actually do offer protection at a very reasonable price.

martymcfly618

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
Saint louis
Here's my case by desmay. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351820090.536563.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351820102.053098.jpg

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
For those who don't care for the Noot logo on the back, mine has come off completely. I wasn't crazy about it myself but didn't want to risk discoloring the case with my normal go-to logo remover (nail polish remover) so I just left it as it was. Throughout each day, however, I absentmindedly rubbed at the logo with my thumb while on long calls, and at some point I noticed that the logo was showing significant signs of fading. I then spent about 5 minutes rubbing at it with my thumb and t-shirt and that was all it took.

floss

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009
For those who don't care for the Noot logo on the back, mine has come off completely. I wasn't crazy about it myself but didn't want to risk discoloring the case with my normal go-to logo remover (nail polish remover) so I just left it as it was. Throughout each day, however, I absentmindedly rubbed at the logo with my thumb while on long calls, and at some point I noticed that the logo was showing significant signs of fading. I then spent about 5 minutes rubbing at it with my thumb and t-shirt and that was all it took.

I should of let mine rub off by itself but I was impatient and scrubbed it off with an alcohol wipe the moment I received the case. Bad idea since it left a noticeable gleamy scuff in it's place. When yours finally rubbed off completely, did it leave any type of discoloration that's seen when angled against a light source?

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
I should of let mine rub off by itself but I was impatient and scrubbed it off with an alcohol wipe the moment I received the case. Bad idea since it left a noticeable gleamy scuff in it's place. When yours finally rubbed off completely, did it leave any type of discoloration that's seen when angled against a light source?

None whatsoever.

vistokid

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
Got my noot case (black), from eBay ($9.99 plus $3 shipping to Canada).

LOVE IT. It's a perfect case. Full protection and super thin.

Only thing I wasn't happy with was on the bottom back there's a scuff that's really annoying me. I emailed the seller to see what they can do for me.

The design of the case is top notch.

pssmith84

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
I have both noot cases and they are both awesome. The first one I ordered with the bumper and opaque back came without the volume buttons covered so I emailed the seller and they sent me one with the volume buttons covered like I wanted. I guess they can come both ways.

tom619

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
Does the bottom of the noot case have quite a lot of flex to it or is tight fitting?

Also are the speaker/port holes covered?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Does the bottom of the noot case have quite a lot of flex to it or is tight fitting?

Also are the speaker/port holes covered?

I don't find a sagging bottom issue with either of the Noot cases. However with all these TPU type cases I'll keep a rubber band on them lengthwise to keep them flexed inward so they keep the tight fit.

The matte slim case has pin holes for the speakers. The one small flaw in the case is that there are more holes then actually on the phone.

The bumper with frosted back case has the speakers open with opening that show the full speaker part. Not pin holes but openings. You can see it on the photo of the white case earlier in this thread.

tom619

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
I don't find a sagging bottom issue with either of the Noot cases. However with all these TPU type cases I'll keep a rubber band on them lengthwise to keep them flexed inward so they keep the tight fit.

The matte slim case has pin holes for the speakers. The one small flaw in the case is that there are more holes then actually on the phone.

The bumper with frosted back case has the speakers open with opening that show the full speaker part. Not pin holes but openings. You can see it on the photo of the white case earlier in this thread.

Cool thanks, though I must ask how long do you keep the rubber band on? Doesn't it become a bit tiresome?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Cool thanks, though I must ask how long do you keep the rubber band on? Doesn't it become a bit tiresome?

I put the rubber bands on the case for an hour or so while its off the phone. What that does is pulls in any edges that might not have been tight enough around the bezel. So the edges of the case get pulled in a bit and stay tight when you put it on the phone. Kind of the opposite of a shoe holder which is meant to keep the shoe expanded.

Don't get me wrong, I think the case is good enough on it's own. The first Noot slim I received came in a shipping bag but must have had something heavy lying on it during shipment. When I got it, it was a little misshaped with the left side of the bottom pushed outward. Therefore it didn't fit snugly to the phone and had a gap. I used the rubber bands technique to bring it back in shape and it's been fine ever since. Most folks wouldn't bother but I'm a little finicky. :eek:

----------

Does it come with raised edges? It doesn't seem so in the pictures.

The slim Noot definitely doesn't have raised edges. However the bumper style Noot does have a bit of a raised edge although ever so minuscule.

I really like both of these cases. Best of all the 10 or so that I've tried. Unless the Power Support closes the bottom and top gaps or the Pinlo starts covering the bottom, I'm totally done purchasing cases. Really.:p

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I liked the noot, but I can't use it as a case. It's really nice and slim, but it's 100% so it's loose in some areas. I can't do much of anything about it and trying to restructure it with bands won't do much good. Dust, lint etc can get in and scratch the phone and that's the sole reason I buy them — to protect from scratches. Back to the Poetic Atmosphere.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I liked the noot, but I can't use it as a case. It's really nice and slim, but it's 100% so it's loose in some areas. I can't do much of anything about it and trying to restructure it with bands won't do much good. Dust, lint etc can get in and scratch the phone and that's the sole reason I buy them — to protect from scratches. Back to the Poetic Atmosphere.

I've been using the Noot predominantly for the last few weeks and my cases are snug against the bevel. I swap every now and then with my Switcheasy Tones when I'm looking for a bit of color. I've not seen any dirt or dust on the phone or inside the case when taking off either of the Noots or the Tones cases.

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I've been using the Noot predominantly for the last few weeks and my cases are snug against the bevel. I swap every now and then with my Switcheasy Tones when I'm looking for a bit of color. I've not seen any dirt or dust on the phone or inside the case when taking off either of the Noots or the Tones cases.

Mine had lots of lint along the top bezel every time I checked it after I took it out of my pocket.

rmp71701

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2012
Pocket lint is issue for me too. With my old Commuter case, I liked having the port covers to keep lint, dirt, etc. out of jacks.

Any recommendations on thin case with quality of Noot but with covers for ports?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.