Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
I was reading how Google+ has the PAGES version for businesses. Problem is when I went to add my business I just kept getting the regular Google+. It would ask me to join Google+ asking for my first and last names. I don't want to add my name though. Just my biz name. I guess it's not like FB where you can create a truly separate business page unlinked to your personal page?

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I haven't bothered investigating much, but I merely made a page off from my personal Google+ profile for my work's Google+ page. They're totally separate in the sense that when you go to that page, you can use Google+ as that page and not your personal page.

Or you can just make a work gmail account and never use it except for handling your Google+ page.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Here is a link to the page about Google+ for businesses:

http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/landing/plus/getstarted.html

You'll probably find the info you need there.

Thanks but various links keep pointing to the Google+ account page.

It's like you can join a Google biz page IF you are a Google+ user but no where does it show you how to create a Google Page for your biz.

By the looks of it businesses have to first have a Google Apps account??? EDIT: Actually no, Google Apps is just another separate service. I just wanted to know if there is a Google+ business version.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Thanks but various links keep pointing to the Google+ account page.

It's like you can join a Google biz page IF you are a Google+ user but no where does it show you how to create a Google Page for your biz.

By the looks of it businesses have to first have a Google Apps account??? EDIT: Actually no, Google Apps is just another separate service. I just wanted to know if there is a Google+ business version.

Yeah, Google Business Apps is separate. My last job used them. Our emails were still @blahblah.org, but you just log in to google.com/a/doman (or gmail.com and enter email as blah@blahblah.org) and use the Google suite instead of Outlook.

Looks like you must have a Google+ account. This page, while under the Google Apps section, mentions that a few times: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1689647

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.