Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richy23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2010
I have an apple Interview next week for a new store opening in my city. (UK by the way!)

All that's bugging me is what to wear? Smart or just normal clothes?

Would be amazing if anyone knows, thanks!

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
I think you should dress in a modern, slightly relaxed, yet professional way. Meaning, probably not old-school wearing a suit and tie. But wear a nice button shirt with a collar tucked in, a belt, nice dress pants, clean shoes. Make sure your hair, face, nails, teeth all look clean. Make sure you come in well rested, full of energy and excited to be there.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I have an apple Interview next week for a new store opening in my city. (UK by the way!)

All that's bugging me is what to wear? Smart or just normal clothes?

Would be amazing if anyone knows, thanks!

Agree with everything MrMacMack says, with the addition - PRESSED shirt and trousers and POLISHED shoes. Schedule your day to allow an hour to prepare your wardrobe & personal appearance the day of the interview.

I don't know the stats in the UK but in the US there are as many as 200 applicants for every Apple Store opening, small details can make a big difference. Good luck!

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
I don't know the stats in the UK but in the US there are as many as 200 applicants for every Apple Store opening, small details can make a big difference. Good luck!

Wow that's a lot! He said that he has an interview though. Off hand do you have any guesses how many people out of the 200 make it to the next step of having an interview?

Richy23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Wow that's a lot! He said that he has an interview though. Off hand do you have any guesses how many people out of the 200 make it to the next step of having an interview?

Well it's a recruitment event, I should have stated that! :) So not exactly a 1-1 interview at the moment, but fingers crossed :)

YanniDepp

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
You get invited to those events, you can't just show up.

As for what to wear: go casual but presentable. Don't wear a suit or anything formal, but don't wear sweatpants either. I'd wear dark jeans (blue OK, but preferably black), Converse-style shoes, and either a decent check shirt or jumper.

Remember, they're not looking for technical people who know everything about every device Apple has made over the last 5 years. They're looking for friendly, outgoing, relatable people that customers will like talking to. You can teach that kind of person knowledge about Apple's products, but you can't teach an übergeek social skills. Be calm, friendly and outgoing. Look like you're enjoying the video they play during these group sessions.

Working in the Apple stores is better than almost any other retail job, but it's still a retail job. Be prepared for that.

SiriDV

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2012
You're never gonna get a straight answer on here. :p

I showed up to my first interview in jeans and a polo button up. Got the job. Good luck!

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011

I don't know, but my guess is no more than 5-10 people interviewed per opening. Certainly having an interview does not mean you have a job, so while your resume gets you an interview - that's the time to double down on the effort & really show you are the person for the job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.