Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mess-I-Ah

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
Earth
32 GB Black, Wifi.

It wasn't available in Brandon store down the street, so it let me search for other nearby stores & I scored.

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
It acutallly looks like we aren't allowed to reserve 16gb white...the other models have at least some in stock in some stores. If you pick 16gb white, I can't find one anywhere in the US.

pantherus05

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
It acutallly looks like we aren't allowed to reserve 16gb white...the other models have at least some in stock in some stores. If you pick 16gb white, I can't find one anywhere in the US.

They were available yet again in south florida for a few minutes. They go quick!

DJinTX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
Still zero luck for me in Texas. The Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas areas are all still the same as they have been the last two nights. No inventory in Texas. This completely blows.

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Damn, well none in Houston, I was on both MacBook and iPhone refreshing and didn't see any. Maybe tomorrow night :/

zauze

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2012
It works. I got one last night. And then after entering all my information, I realized I used the wrong iTunes acct, and tried to go back and change it. Poof, goodbye iPad mini :p

seepel

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Last night I saw a 16GB Black about a half an hour from me and it was gone in about 15 min. There was then a 32GB white and 64GB black at the local store that lasted for quite a while. Long enough for me to cave in and order the 32GB. But of the ~10 stores listed that was pretty much it. I am on pacific time so I can't comment about time zone. Anyway, there you have it, one more data point.

zauze

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2012
Just got it again. For keeps this time. I was refreshing online while simultaneously talking to a sales rep on the phone. I got one online, AND he got one on the phone, so I just dumped my online one. Picking it up tomorrow.

loves2travel

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
Awsome!

32GB White Mini
Tukwila,WA

No 16GB in white or black from here to Northern CA but lots of 64GB.

Peter-

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2009
Thanks for the tip, however only available in Black/White in both 32GB/64GB at midnight. I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 16GB in both colors, I can return whichever one I end up liking less.

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Still zero luck for me in Texas. The Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas areas are all still the same as they have been the last two nights. No inventory in Texas. This completely blows.

I've seen the exact same thing two nights in a row - nothing. No Mini love for Texas! Damn it

DJinTX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
I've seen the exact same thing two nights in a row - nothing. No Mini love for Texas! Damn it

Well, I am wondering about the tip you got about Tuesday. Obviously none showed up last night for pick-up on Tuesday, so maybe he meant go online Tuesday night for a reservation to pick-up Wednesday? If not, then it looks like he was just messing with you. If so, I would have a chat with his manager if I were you.

It seems to me the rule of thumb for Apple store reps should be, if you don't have factual info to share, then don't say anything. Making up BS to get a customer to leave you alone is not ok.

orangebluedevil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
It's not really that big of a deal. He was just trying to help.

I just went by the store at 10am as soon as it opened, and there were indeed no mini's. Any size. Any color. None.

This time the rep said that they don't get shipments on Sunday or Monday, so that is why nothing has been available online for the last two nights. Then he curiously said "just looking here I don't think there will be any tonight either, so maybe try Wednesday night". Not sure what that means, and he wouldn't explain.

I'm happy checking every night at 10pm, it's pretty painless. Like we said previously, shipments come in bursts, so one night soon I expect a bunch of them.

DJinTX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
Well, it is at least nice that he is trying to be helpful I guess. I haven't really come across anyone like that. They just say they are out and to keep trying the online system. I guess I will, at least for another few nights. Although at some point it is going to become too frustrating to continue.

PrayForDeath

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
I added an iPad 4 (which is in stock) to my cart as a test, but I can't for the life of me find a "pick up" option on the apple store. I tried both the app and the website. Is this not available in Canada?

LetsGoHalos

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Was too eager on launch day and settled for 32 gb Black mini. After reading this thread I waited until 9:55 PST last night to hunt for a white 32 gb and was able to get one for pick in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Thanks for everyone's input it worked out great.

pantherus05

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
Was too eager on launch day and settled for 32 gb Black mini. After reading this thread I waited until 9:55 PST last night to hunt for a white 32 gb and was able to get one for pick in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Thanks for everyone's input it worked out great.

You're welcome! Glad you got your White. People got a bit crazy when the White preorders jumped to 2 weeks very quickly. The 10PM refresh works magic, just need to have patience. Some days luckier than others, locations too apparently.

dbdynsty25

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA
I added an iPad 4 (which is in stock) to my cart as a test, but I can't for the life of me find a "pick up" option on the apple store. I tried both the app and the website. Is this not available in Canada?

You only can do this process between 10pm and 4am I believe. So if you try to do it now, it will not work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.