Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Breville BOV800XL

81v4dO2kn3L._SL1500_.jpg

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Have you tried the Pilot Super Sports yet?

I'm absolutely loving them as a street tire. Rain and dry (and autocross).

Too spendy for me. The Hankooks were $720 after a rebate, while a set of 4 Super Sports are $1135 (from the same source, free shipping). The price differential is too great for me to justify. FWIW I am currently running Hankook RS-3 for autox - and $400 will buy half a set of Star Specs when the RS-3s wear out.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Not my purchase, but my dad's. His 2005 CR-V got rear ended and repairs on the car were not worth it, so the insurance company totaled it and gave him a little bit less than blue book value for the car.

For about $8,000 more than what insurance gave him, he was able to find a fantastic 2010 model in amazing condition.

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

For me? The rear wheel that came stock on my bicycle developed a problem with the freehub body (the part that makes it go click-click-click when you stop pedaling) where it would skip when I applied pressure to the pedals. My bike is under warranty at Performance bikes, so I took it there and they were going to replace the wheel, but their warranty department developed an issue, so they just swapped both wheels out for a brand new FSA RD-60 wheelset. Better than those ****** Alex "A-Class" wheels that came on the bike!

They're white! :D
D22CDB3C-61CF-4E71-9341-7D1D0C09E342-2779-000001056A513B3C.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Meat.

View attachment 375324

Omaha Steaks. They get you on the shipping.

Meat.

View attachment 375324

Meat.

View attachment 375324

Meat.

View attachment 375324

You are clearly excited about your meat! :p
Aren't there free shipping coupons all over the net?

----------

Breville BOV800XL

81v4dO2kn3L._SL1500_.jpg

This is by far my most favorite kitchen appliance. I didn't think I'd use it as much as I do. It is well worth the price but I highly recommend getting that cutting board for the top as it gets so hot you don't want to accidentally touch it (because I have and it sucked).

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
You are clearly excited about your meat! :p
Aren't there free shipping coupons all over the net?

----------

This is by far my most favorite kitchen appliance. I didn't think I'd use it as much as I do. It is well worth the price but I highly recommend getting that cutting board for the top as it gets so hot you don't want to accidentally touch it (because I have and it sucked).

Is it just a grill or an oven too? I need to get away from the damn microwave and if that's a combo it might be good for me. Cooking for one, and on a restricted diet means I've been eating sandwiches and way too much "convenience" stuff...Something like that looks ideal for one person cooking.

gabicava83

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Is it just a grill or an oven too? I need to get away from the damn microwave and if that's a combo it might be good for me. Cooking for one, and on a restricted diet means I've been eating sandwiches and way too much "convenience" stuff...Something like that looks ideal for one person cooking.

If you are on a diet, sandwiches aren't really the best thing (hope it's at least good bread)

These Grills do look awesome, looking into it too.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
If you are on a diet, sandwiches aren't really the best thing (hope it's at least good bread)

These Grills do look awesome, looking into it too.

:D I know...I suffer from Arthritis and have to eat pretty bland stuff....Just get bored, so resort to the easy way....That does look a good grill though..I'm off to check Amazon UK.

----------

.....OUCH!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-Bo...TVGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352210977&sr=8-1

Seems an awful lot of money for a grill..?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

It is a toaster oven that functions as an actual oven. It doesn't just toast or make frozen pizzas, it has all kinds of settings (though I'll say their times are way off) and allows for baking, broiling, and toasting. I don't own a microwave and haven't for 2 years now. I got this in March of this year and still don't miss having a microwave. The price is higher, yes, but it is a nice machine (sharp looking too). The price of a decent looking microwave and toaster can come close to $200 ... for a little extra I can cook for even two people without having to turn the large oven on. In the summer that is beyond useful.

gabicava83

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
:D I know...I suffer from Arthritis and have to eat pretty bland stuff....Just get bored, so resort to the easy way....That does look a good grill though..I'm off to check Amazon UK.

----------

.....OUCH!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-Bo...TVGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352210977&sr=8-1

Seems an awful lot of money for a grill..?

You should know that in the UK we get shafted.

I went into best buy when I was in the US back in September, you could buy the Kitchen Aid mixers in Best buy for $189, the same ones in the UK RRP price is £399.99

Leatherman Wave in the UK is £99.99, US in best buy purchased for $72.99

It's a joke.

Back to the grill, it still looks awesome !!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
You should know that in the UK we get shafted.

I went into best buy when I was in the US back in September, you could buy the Kitchen Aid mixers in Best buy for $189, the same ones in the UK RRP price is £399.99

Leatherman Wave in the UK is £99.99, US in best buy purchased for $72.99

It's a joke.

Back to the grill, it still looks awesome !!

I know, I'm always shocked by the $ for £ way of UK pricing...It does look great, but having just bought the new iPad, Im going to have to put it on my wish list for now...Will shop around a little too....Comet are about to close down, they might have one cheaper.:)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I know, I'm always shocked by the $ for £ way of UK pricing...It does look great, but having just bought the new iPad, Im going to have to put it on my wish list for now...Will shop around a little too....Comet are about to close down, they might have one cheaper.:)

You should look for a refurbished unit. I don't think Woot.com ships to the UK, but they had recently sold this oven for well under $200 as a refurb from the manufacturer.
In the US you can also use 20% at Bed Bath and Beyond which may come out cheaper than it would from Amazon.

I feel like I should throw this back on topic before the forum police nab me. My last purchase was uber exciting:
blue_buffalo_-_wild_wilderness_duck_dog_food.jpg

(food for the spoiled brat)
and

Close%20up%20sm%20dremel.JPG

(nail grind for the doggie)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
You should look for a refurbished unit. I don't think Woot.com ships to the UK, but they had recently sold this oven for well under $200 as a refurb from the manufacturer.
In the US you can also use 20% at Bed Bath and Beyond which may come out cheaper than it would from Amazon.

I feel like I should throw this back on topic before the forum police nab me. My last purchase was uber exciting:
(food for the spoiled brat)
and

(nail grind for the doggie)

Thanks. I have plenty of friends back home, but shipping / voltage differences etc. mean buying it here if I can find one at the right price...UK laws on refurbished electronics of all kinds are insanely strict....By the time the product has been refurbished, checked and certificated, you come out with a price that is pretty close to new anyway.

Guess moving back home would help!:)

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.