Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalt

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I've sat for hours with my iPad 4 next to my iPad 3 (swapping places often). In the dark, in the light, at all different angles.

The only difference I notice is the 4 has a warmer/pinker screen while the 3 has a colder/bluer screen. It's slight, but enough to notice.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I've sat for hours with my iPad 4 next to my iPad 3 (swapping places often). In the dark, in the light, at all different angles.

The only difference I notice is the 4 has a warmer/pinker screen while the 3 has a colder/bluer screen. It's slight, but enough to notice.

By warmer do you mean yellow-tinted? Mine has enough of a yellow tint that pure white background pages such as one finds in the Kindle reading app are far from the reference white one might expect.

daantje22

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
Netherlands
Do you also have the pink hue?

Also my iPhone 5 has it, and my iPod touch 4 gen & ipad 3 and 4 to..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/iphone51y.jpg

By warmer do you mean yellow-tinted? Mine has enough of a yellow tint that pure white background pages such as one finds in the Kindle reading app are far from the reference white one might expect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.