Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
I'm going with the "call around every place on Tue/Thur to see if they have one available" route

The local Radio Shack put me on a waiting list and said I should have it within a week. Wishful thinking probably. Checking Apple Store nightly too. If all else fails, ATT might be the last hope if shipping dates keep going down.

You can also go to AT&T's website and check the stock at local stores for the model you are interested in. That's how I got mine last week!

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks, Bako. I had actually already tried that but it wouldn't work, it said my order wasn't available to pick up at the FedEx facility. I ended up calling my local Verizon store and they hopefully took care of it. My phone is now sitting in Memphis since this morning but I understand that's not unusual. U should have it Wednesday and be able to pick it up at the FedEx office.

For those who are trying calling around, I think it depends on where you live. I spend two weeks wasting y time before finally ordering. Kinda glad I waited though because I was originally going to stick with AT&T but am now switching to Verizon. Better coverage locally, LTE when AT&T doesn't have it here yet, plus we just found out my hubby gets am employee discount! Added bonus!

dano0726

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2011
NW Houston
Received my 10/18/12 Order Yesterday

My phone came in yesterday, and it is nice....I went from a 3.33 year old 3G to this and it's night and day difference.

Urmissingthe

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
Order on 10/16 blck 16gb. Came off BO on 11/1 shipped 11/2. Now it's out for delivery on the truck. Should have my phone In a few hours.

NRak

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
You can also go to AT&T's website and check the stock at local stores for the model you are interested in. That's how I got mine last week!

Ended up looking at Best Buy stock this morning, showed some availability and called to double check before sneaking away at work. Got my upgrade and my fiances during my lunch break! There was certainly a closet full of them. She said they at least had 15-20 available for AT&T and Verizon each (all the models combined)
My friend texted me saying that AT&T had some in-stock too. Inventory has certainly changed in the Jacksonville, FL area in the last week! Hopefully it's like that everywhere else and y'all get your phones soon!

elie.fares

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-07 at 9.11.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-07 at 9.11.28 AM.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Ended up looking at Best Buy stock this morning, showed some availability and called to double check before sneaking away at work. Got my upgrade and my fiances during my lunch break! There was certainly a closet full of them. She said they at least had 15-20 available for AT&T and Verizon each (all the models combined)
My friend texted me saying that AT&T had some in-stock too. Inventory has certainly changed in the Jacksonville, FL area in the last week! Hopefully it's like that everywhere else and y'all get your phones soon!

That's great! Congrats on your new phone!

kamazaca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Cincinnati
i forgot i made this thread lol. i am glad i cancelled my att order and went the apple retail store pick up route. but to those still waiting it seems like they are coming faster now and the phone is worth the wait! good luck all

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I ordered on October 25 with a ship by date of November 16. My phone was shipped on Monday, November 5, and arrived Wednesday, November 7.

Went back to Verizon this evening to get my phone set up and my AT&T number ported to Verizon and to buy accessories. Ordered hubby's black 64GB and it also has an expected ship by date of November 16 so that hasn't changed. Hopefully his ships faster then we can completely cancel the AT&T account, right now we have 2 accounts until his arrives.

The whole process ordering through Verizon was seamless, they were wonderful to work with outside of one individual person at my local store and that's an individual issue rather than a company wide problem. So far I am very pleased with my Verizon experience after hearing horror stories from others about their lack of service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.