Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjjames1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Hey guys. For anyone that's ordered a 6-Core from the online store recently...how long did it take to ship? I have projects that I'd really like to be using it for ASAP. I ordered it yesterday morning early and it still says its processing. I dd call the online store and they said I could pay $50 for 2-3 day shipping. Thanks!

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
Hey guys. For anyone that's ordered a 6-Core from the online store recently...how long did it take to ship? I have projects that I'd really like to be using it for ASAP. I ordered it yesterday morning early and it still says its processing. I dd call the online store and they said I could pay $50 for 2-3 day shipping. Thanks!

OK, you've ordered a new Mac Pro from Apple and you want to know if any of us know when it will ship? Wow.

pjjames1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
OK, you've ordered a new Mac Pro from Apple and you want to know if any of us know when it will ship? Wow.

Wow??? What are you so shocked about? I'm simply asking for a time frame from someone that has placed a recent order for a 6-Core Mac Pro as to how long it took for their computer to get from point A to point B. My usual dealings Apple have been instant...I've never ordered a BTO machine from them. Isn't this what forums are for?

darkcoupon

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2012
Wow??? What are you so shocked about? I'm simply asking for a time frame from someone that has placed a recent order for a 6-Core Mac Pro as to how long it took for their computer to get from point A to point B. My usual dealings Apple have been instant...I've never ordered a BTO machine from them. Isn't this what forums are for?

Your order has shipped. Your tracking number is ZDF8097810F1

beto2k7

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
::1
Just called Tim, he's on a meeting but he said he'll call me asap regarding your shipment. Or maybe he can tell me when we play golf tomorrow... :)

pjjames1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Man...you guys are ruthless! I've never posted on a forum where guys are such ass holes about something simple. I was only asking if there is anyone with experience on a BTO machine like this one and how long the transit actually was, but forget it. As I said in my original post, I was only asking due to the fact that I need the machine for work...not because I want to run it through Geekbench and play video games on it or something. I'm patient...just new to ordering from the online store instead of buying in store.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Chill out, people are just joking.

If you log into your Apple account and look at your order page, there will be an estimate for ship times. I have found these to be historically accurate over many orders.

El Awesome

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
Zurich
Man...you guys are ruthless! I've never posted on a forum where guys are such ass holes about something simple. I was only asking if there is anyone with experience on a BTO machine like this one and how long the transit actually was, but forget it. As I said in my original post, I was only asking due to the fact that I need the machine for work...not because I want to run it through Geekbench and play video games on it or something. I'm patient...just new to ordering from the online store instead of buying in store.

You know, one thing I learnd in my life: Stupid questions give stupid answers.
I recently ordered a Apple Keyboard in the online store, and even before ordering it told me when I will get my keyboard. And I got it one day earlier.

mokeiko

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
pjjames1,

I ordered my CTO on Oct. 31 and it arrived on Nov. 1, so 4 days from China to Honolulu. It was actually supposed to arrive on Nov. 5, so I got lucky. I did pay extra for the 2-5 days shipping.

Don't take it so hard here, these guys are cool, they don't mean any harm. They have a vast knowledge of the MacPro's.

Good luck with your shipment.

mokeiko

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004

FORUMS ARE FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT THINGS!

Ask your question in the form of a complaint, please.

Check 6

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2007

If it helps, I ordered a 3.33 6 core Mac Pro from the local Apple store on 29 October thru the Apple Business Center ( where all Mac Pros filter through) and mine arrived at the local San Antonio Apple store today. That was several days ahead of schedule.

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona

Here is why Wow. You've ordered a Mac Pro of unknown configuration except for a hexacore CPU and you're asking if anyone knows when it will ship. What are the inventories of the components that your BTO needs? Unknown. What is the factory's current production schedule for Mac Pros? Unknown.

I know you just want to talk to someone about your new computer but the question was just a little over the top.

beto2k7

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
::1
pjjames1,

I ordered my CTO on Oct. 31 and it arrived on Nov. 1, so 4 days from China to Honolulu. It was actually supposed to arrive on Nov. 5, so I got lucky. I did pay extra for the 2-5 days shipping.

Don't take it so hard here, these guys are cool, they don't mean any harm. They have a vast knowledge of the MacPro's.

Good luck with your shipment.

mokeiko

I must be missing something but how in the world is Oct 31 to Nov 1, 4 days??? And how in the world did your Mac Pro went from China to Honolulu in ONE day.... Different time zones????

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
The Apple website and a package tracker will tell you every step of the way how long it will take. You get an email after purchase, you get an email after process, you get an email after shipping with a tracking number, you watch tracking until it shows up at your door. Macrumors just takes the piss because it is so very obvious how to tell the timing of your purchase. I don't think anyone is being mean per se. CTO takes a little longer but again, it will all be in email at every turn.

mokeiko

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
I must be missing something but how in the world is Oct 31 to Nov 1, 4 days??? And how in the world did your Mac Pro went from China to Honolulu in ONE day.... Different time zones????

Holy crap, I meant to say I placed the order on Oct. 28 and received it on Nov. 1 which is 4 days, sorry about that. But it did take just one day from China to Honolulu.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 51

d-m-a-x

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
bet you'll get an iphone in the mail with a note attached "We Are the Borg. You Will be Assimilated. Resistance is Futile."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.