Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
I was totally wrong about how it is overpriced and the specs are lacking. It was only today when I was cross shopping with other high end 13" laptops that I noticed the MBPR 13" is actually a pretty good deal but the MBPR 15" is a better one.

Sony Vaio Z compared spec for spec versus the 13" MBPR base model, the price is a push. The 13" MBPR wins in price if you get a student discount like me though. The thing is, you get a better screen in the Macbook Pro.

wiznet

macrumors regular
May 30, 2012
Canada
Actually quite common for Mac computers... they're expensive, but not necessarily overpriced. The retina MBP is actually very reasonable, if you take everything into consideration.

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
It is priced in-line with many Apple products containing breakthrough technologies like 4-5 million pixels on a notebook display. And the OP forgot to mention the MAJOR difference that is worth whatever premium Apple charges....

OS X vs Windows!!!:eek:

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Yes, Windows machines of comparable specs (speed/mobility/battery life/component quality) are often priced very similarly or even higher. Apple simply does not does 'cheap computers' and people for some reason fail to realise it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.