Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Hi all,

just recieved my grove bamboo iphone 5 case last night. I do love it, however, i am a bit disapointed that the 30 pin to lightening cable (not the dongle) its just ever so slightly too big to fit thru the opening of the case. I there isnt a lot of room to start grinding away at the opening of the case.....has anyone tried to file down the 30pin adapter cable? just looking for suggestions other than removing the bottom portion of the case every day .

thanks

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
actually, that is the adapter i have. The lightening end is actually wider than the lightening to usb that comes with the phone. as for the screen protector....i dont use one, their site says you can...it doesnt seem like it touches the screen really, so id say yes, you could.

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
brief update. i was able to file down the sides of the adapter and now it seems to fit ok......anyone see any potential danger in that?

jcdjgd

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
take some pictures of the phone in the case!! I'm still waiting on mine to arrive!!! Other then your concern with the adapter, do you like the case overall?

Btw, I'm no expert, but I don't think there's any issue with what you did, as long as nothing is exposed/touching anything flammable.

LiquidDexter

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
For those still interested, here is an album with my Grove iPhone 5 case. I think this is their best case yet, and for the first time you can use a screen protector with it. Pretty snazzy. If this thing ever breaks, I'm going twig though.

The rest are at this link.

http://imgur.com/a/QlNYy

Attachments

• f34LH.jpg
    f34LH.jpg
    766.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 8k0gXh.jpg
    8k0gXh.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 101

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I saw a demo of a CNC type router at Rockler over the weekend. I wonder if that's what these guys are using to make these wooden cases. Maybe I should buy one so I can make my own with a proper sized hole :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.